• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

TownAce CR27 Smoke From Breather Hose

CMG

Question

whin i pulled out the injector horse  ( dont know correct word, hence picture was attached) little steam is come out.some oil signs also there.but there no any oil reduction.is it sign of wearing off the engine ( toyota cr 27 2C)

IMG_20180528_193135.jpg

Edited by Davy
Changed to a meaningful topic name, Added tags to help searching

7 answers to this question

On 5/29/2018 at 12:15 AM, CMG said:

whin i pulled out the injector horse  ( dont know correct word, hence picture was attached) little steam is come out.some oil signs also there.but there no any oil reduction.is it sign of wearing off the engine ( toyota cr 27 2C)

IMG_20180528_193135.jpg

On 5/29/2018 at 12:15 AM, CMG said:

IMG_20180528_193135.jpg

Replace your air filter.

17 hours ago, CMG said:

Can anyone can explain what the exact name of this tube,purpose of this and why does steam is coming out of this tube? (Toyota townace cr 27 2C engine)

IMG_20180531_221015.jpg

Don't worry about it. the white smoke is not steam.

The compression gasses made within the engine are burnt after being channelled into the inlet.

So, don't get sleepless nights thinking of this.

P.S. keep the fluids and oil checked and topped up and drive ,....

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Thanks 1

@CMG, I think it's time you stopped creating a thread for every question about the van that comes into your mind. Can you please just stick to one thread? Thank you. 

This is a breather hose for the crankcase. That's why it's connected to the air intake. It's normal for it to emit a bit of smoke while the engine is running. Especially on a diesel. Unless it's spitting out loads of oil from it, you shouldn't worry about it. 

For once, drive and enjoy your van without meddling with stuff that's not broken. :)

Threads merged.

• Thanks 1