• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Heating problem toyota townace cr 27

CMG

Question

Why does it require manual fuel pumping to start the engine (Toyota cr 27 2C engine) morning? It hapens when I leave my vehacle 3,4 days withot starting the engine but after start it works fine whole day. Why does it happen?

10 answers to this question

Why do I have to heat my van 3 or 4 times to start the engine? Only in the morning. If it heats once, it dosent start? But if it is heat sevaral times engine starts without any trouble.(switch on and wait until heat indicator turned off then again switch off and again on and wait like that)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMG said:

Why does it require manual fuel pumping to start the engine (Toyota cr 27 2C engine) morning? It hapens when I leave my vehacle 3,4 days withot starting the engine but after start it works fine whole day. Why does it happen?

The pump is leaking internally. replace the pump along with a new filter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CMG said:

Why do I have to heat my van 3 or 4 times to start the engine? Only in the morning. If it heats once, it dosent start? But if it is heat sevaral times engine starts without any trouble.(switch on and wait until heat indicator turned off then again switch off and again on and wait like that)

Does the engine show signs of low compression/old age?   at your van's age I won't ask for the milage because it would have been clocked many a time .Does it start easily when hot?

Get the glow plugs checked individually . A qualified auto electritian can do this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, glow plugs is what I would advise to get checked if you have to cycle the glow plugs several times before starting.

As for having to prime the fuel pump after the van has sat idle for a few days, it could be quite a few things, but the fuel filter is the first thing I'd check as well. Then check for any leaks in the fuel lines. Especially the fuel return line from the injectors to the tank. I'm not sure if this is a sealed pump, if not, you can get a pump repair kit and overhaul it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Does the engine show signs of low compression/old age?   at your van's age I won't ask for the milage because it would have been clocked many a time .Does it start easily when hot?

Get the glow plugs checked individually . A qualified auto electritian can do this.

After it heated it starts easily, if it start once then it dosent requre cyclic heating it starts by one click.

• Like 1

friend..check heating plugs one by one..we had liteace van  few years ago.had same issue. once plugs replaced it worked.but need to replace correct one..we had to replace plug 3- 4 times.then we went to another garage.they said we have replaced wrong plugs.they replace correct one and then it worked perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1