• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz 2016 KSP 130 non fog light model

Thxrindu

Question

Recently i bought vitz 2016 model.By the way there is no fog light hole

Normally some models have fog light in the yellow marked area,but i think its hard to fit fog light to that place in my vehicle.

Can i fit a drl or led strip to red marked place? I want to know that hole is for what,to fit a light or for the beauty? 

Thanks.

PicsArt_05-27-10.40.07.jpg

11 answers to this question

The red part is for airflow. The idea is the air is supposed to flow thorough it so that it makes the car a bit more aerodynamic as well as provide a bit of ventilation to the wheel well to cool down the brakes. Does blocking it effect it that much for a car that sits in traffic a whole load of time ? Your guess is as good as mine. But I would not block it...but that is my personal opinion.

If you want to fit a fog lamp to the yellow circled area then you need to buy the entire black piece which has the fog light holes in it. you might be able to find one at a second hand body parts shop. 

• Like 1

Having the same in mind. mine is also a 2016 Vitz with the same front.

I think it's almost impossible to fit a fog light at yellow marked place. If a fog light is to be fitted there, it would come with the hole and we won't have to mess up trying something. Anyway, I am too wondering if there's anyway of making use of red marked place. ?

1 hour ago, iRage said:

The red part is for airflow. The idea is the air is supposed to flow thorough it so that it makes the car a bit more aerodynamic as well as provide a bit of ventilation to the wheel well to cool down the brakes

So that's what it is for? never thought it that way.. thanks for the details @iRage. ?

9 hours ago, iRage said:

The red part is for airflow. The idea is the air is supposed to flow thorough it so that it makes the car a bit more aerodynamic as well as provide a bit of ventilation to the wheel well to cool down the brakes. Does blocking it effect it that much for a car that sits in traffic a whole load of time ? Your guess is as good as mine. But I would not block it...but that is my personal opinion.

If you want to fit a fog lamp to the yellow circled area then you need to buy the entire black piece which has the fog light holes in it. you might be able to find one at a second hand body parts shop. 

Thanks for the info

11 hours ago, amsandun said:

Having the same in mind. mine is also a 2016 Vitz with the same front.

I think it's almost impossible to fit a fog light at yellow marked place. If a fog light is to be fitted there, it would come with the hole and we won't have to mess up trying something. Anyway, I am too wondering if there's anyway of making use of red marked place. ?

I searched in the shops for a light that can fit to that hole,but.theres not.So now the hole is must (as irage said) we can stick led strip to that black frame.To me,front look like nudy when there are only head lamp.If i got a positive result i'll share it in here...?

• Thanks 1

Usually fog lamp kit should come with the lamps and the casing (to replace that black part with yellow circle). You may be also get an aftermarket kit. for example like this on ebay (just for example and this is for another car)

High-Quality-H11-55W-Bumper-Fog-Light-Lamp-Kit-For-Honda-City-2014-With-Switch-Button.jpg_640x640.jpg.a1c68298bb2c2c68b52a3994f4df0e21.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-H11-55W-Bumper-Fog-Light-Lamp-Kit-For-Honda-City-2014-With-Switch-Button/32223847871.html

Edited by nagaya

15 hours ago, Thxrindu said:

yeah @kusumsiri it was posted by me.but nowadays i saw there are lot of cars that fitted light to that place in the road.btw thanks?

Well...for the exact model you are referring to. It is for airflow (as you can see there is a small slit. Sri Lankans being all wise and knowing-better than automotive designers stick LED lights, etc...in those places (apparenlty it increases the patta factor and that is what its all about).

On the other hand, the last facelift the Vitz got the front bumper was changed. As a result the airflow slit was replaced with a section that has a fog light holder.

• Like 1