• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Removing minor scratches

K.o.N.o.S

Guys, there are some minor scratches around the rear buffer area of my demio. Wondering how to remove those. I heard wet sanding would help. Appreciate if could give me some advice

IMG_0527.JPG

The pic is not clear, give it a try with toothpaste, if it doesnt work, step up wd40-> brasso -> Rubbing compund (Autogylm / supercut)-> 2000 grit paper.

by the looks of it , its a gloss black surface with a scuff on the clear coat, does the mark disappear when you pour a bit of water?

Anyhow try one of the above, sure to buff off

Isn't that the unpainted black plastic trim under the rear bumper? If yes, you can use a good plastic polish and trim detailer.

Edited by Davy
  • Thanks 1

Hi tiv thanks.I actually tried it with toothpaste.Seems it did the trick for the most part. But there are some which I believe have penetrated deeper.btw it is not the paint but the lower hard plastic part of the rear buffer.

5 minutes ago, Davy said:

Isn't that the unpainted black plastic trim under the rear bumper? If yes, you can use a good plastic polish and trim detailer. 

Hi Davy. Correct.will try that..?

Edited by K.o.N.o.S