• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shipping internationally 1950 fiat car

branko

Hello,

We are trying to figure out a way to ship our 1950 Fiat Bug from Sri Lanka to California by the end of June. We have been looking online but are still not sure what documents we need and what companies even have routes from Sri Lanka to California.
Any help is appreciated!

I am not sure about the documents you would need (which might be a few because it does go as an antique/classic vehicle)

As for shipping routes...well there are no direct shipping routes from Colombo to SL....transhipment would be from Singapore or Japan or Indonesia, etc...have you tried Trico ? or even SDV ?

EDIT: I obviously meant SL to California... :P

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, iRage said:

I am not sure about the documents you would need (which might be a few because it does go as an antique/classic vehicle)

As for shipping routes...well there are no direct shipping routes from Colombo to SL....transhipment would be from Singapore or Japan or Indonesia, etc...have you tried Trico ? or even SDV ?

Thanks for your reply!

We just started looking at shipping as an option so we were having trouble knowing what to specifically look for.

Just emailed Trico and hope they will be able to provide more information for us. 

Thanks again

There is a new business in SL where hard-to-resurrect vintage rides are being exported to middle eastern countries such as Qatar as displays. and i've actually seen a few bugs & T2s carrying Sri Lankan in number plates in Qatar (pretty stationary). If someone can get hold of the guys who are doing it, they might offer a turnkey solution

On 5/23/2018 at 2:04 PM, vag2 said:

what about putting it apart and sending in boxes?

We think this is now the best option as it will most likely be easier with customs. Do you/anyone else here know what Sri Lankan customs requires for shipping car parts?

• 1 year later...

Hi bro, few months ago I have contacted the shipping company to deliver my Audi A8 from Sacramento to Los Angeles. My father gave me the number of managers from this   http://shipaa.com. The manager was very polite and give me the best quote for the required route. My Audi was delivered on the time and it was very important for me coz I have booked the day for painting my car in auto dealer repairing service.

A few years back we were trying to get out 1955 MM tourer from SL to Japan.

Since my brother doing export to SL getting the shipping sorted wasn't the case. I am sure Trico agreed to take it from SL.

We went to Import/ Export controller to gain the permit and it was a BIG no.

So I guess this is still a no. Do let me if any changes as we keen to take the car back to Japan.

regards,

JC.

• 5 months later...