• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can we Export Spare Parts to Other Countries?

PreseaLover

It's not complicated. If its a small part, you can post it. If its something large, you can hand over to a courier company. You will need export customs clearance. If you are posting it, the person in the post office will either ask you what it is or take a look at it. That's not really customs clearance but that's how it works here, If its a large item, the courier company will take care of it.

You won't have any problems unless its a restricted item (you need to check the destination country's regulations as well).

Restricted items include (but not limited to), wallapatta, certain herbs, tea (need a license), stamps and currency, antiques, narcotics and many others. Your presea doesn't qualify as any of the above so feel free to go ahead, chop it up and sell the pieces on ebay.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

It's not complicated. If its a small part, you can post it. If its something large, you can hand over to a courier company. You will need export customs clearance. If you are posting it, the person in the post office will either ask you what it is or take a look at it. That's not really customs clearance but that's how it works here, If its a large item, the courier company will take care of it.

You won't have any problems unless its a restricted item (you need to check the destination country's regulations as well).

Restricted items include (but not limited to), wallapatta, certain herbs, tea (need a license), stamps and currency, antiques, narcotics and many others. Your presea doesn't qualify as any of the above so feel free to go ahead, chop it up and sell the pieces on ebay.

haha no I'm not going to chop the presea :D its just im going to source some parts to some countries from sri lanka, where they are unable to find those parts in their countries. As big items what im looking at is, shock absorbers, throttle bodies etc. 

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

haha no I'm not going to chop the presea :D its just im going to source some parts to some countries from sri lanka, where they are unable to find those parts in their countries. As big items what im looking at is, shock absorbers, throttle bodies etc. 

You are the worst entrepreneur I have seen in my life. Period.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Unless you're exporting rare or classic car parts (like the Morris Minor garage in Galle does), I personally don't think you'll end up making a profit out of it because of how expensive even used spares are in Sri Lanka.