• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Lancer EX GLX

Nimnq

Question

I'm going to buy a Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLX 2008 with 50k millage.I'm buying it for 3.7M and vehicle is in excellent condition.It is first owner(lady doctors)car.Is it worth for this price tag?Appreciate if can you share your suggestion.

Thanks

Edited by Davy
Changed topic title to a meaningful one

6 answers to this question

Compare the price with other Lancer EXs on local classifieds and autolanka.com. Get an idea of the average price of the car and compare against them. At the end of the day, each used car and it's history is different. So the price is what the buyer and the seller agree upon.

Also keep in mind that 50K mileage doesn't mean anything in Sri Lanka unless it can be proven through maintenance records (emission testing certificates done each year). Also the "lady driven" and "doctor owned" labels are just meaningless marketing. So they shouldn't be taken too seriously.

The EX has been discussed before in the forum. So if you have any questions about the car, please search the forum. 

• Like 1

On 19/05/2018 at 8:03 AM, Davy said:

Compare the price with other Lancer EXs on local classifieds and autolanka.com. Get an idea of the average price of the car and compare against them. At the end of the day, each used car and it's history is different. So the price is what the buyer and the seller agree upon.

Also keep in mind that 50K mileage doesn't mean anything in Sri Lanka unless it can be proven through maintenance records (emission testing certificates done each year). Also the "lady driven" and "doctor owned" labels are just meaningless marketing. So they shouldn't be taken too seriously.

The EX has been discussed before in the forum. So if you have any questions about the car, please search the forum. 

Mmmm. Got it. Thanks 

The price seems quite ok but are you sure about the mileage? A. 10 year old car that has only been driven 5000km every year? Have a look at the previous emissions reports and check the mileage.
Also personally, lady driven and doctor driven are two of the biggest red flags for me. I know people in this category who don't even know how much air needs to be pumped into their tires. I would be extra cautious of the previous maintainance records, mainly check the Atf change intervals.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, The Stig said:

The price seems quite ok but are you sure about the mileage? A. 10 year old car that has only been driven 5000km every year? Have a look at the previous emissions reports and check the mileage.
Also personally, lady driven and doctor driven are two of the biggest red flags for me. I know people in this category who don't even know how much air needs to be pumped into their tires. I would be extra cautious of the previous maintainance records, mainly check the Atf change intervals.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If it's a company maintained vehicle you can verify the maintenance records from any UNIMO workshop