• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Installation of the Bird's eye view for Toyota Axio 2015

Wasu4

Question

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum.  I would like to fix the bird's eye view camera system for the Axio 2015. Do you guys can recommend a good place for that and have you done that installation? please advise me. Thank you so much for your valuable time.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Edited by Wasu4

8 answers to this question

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a day or two....

Fixing a proper bird's eye view system through a proper technician will be quite costly unless you go for one of the cheap Chinese ones. Since you have not even bought a car yet...why not buy a car with the system ? If a proper technician does not do it they might mess up the electrical system, which can be dangerous.

You do seem to always go towards the Axio and show an unhealthy (borderline obsessive) likeness towards it as well, which makes us wonder if you are up to some GM. It also seems like the Axio which you like simply does not have all the bells and whistles you want.

Hi guys, newbie here (although a regular reader of the forum)

Just out of curiosity, can this system be installed in a 2008 allion? and approximately how much cost are we looking at if a proper system is to be fixed at a reputed place? 

btw my head unit was broken, im looking to replace it.

Edited by BlueRaiden

17 minutes ago, iRage said:

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a day or two....

Agreed.

These bird's eye view systems are essentially 4 wide angle cameras, one installed on each side of the car, and a control module that processes the video signal. The control module outputs a panoramic view of the 4 video feeds by merging them together.

I believe the system needs to be calibrated after installation so that the control module knows where the cameras are positioned. Other than the fact that there's a lot more wiring involved, calibration I think is the difficult part. The rest should be straightforward. An important thing to note is that most of the systems I've seen online don't have a monitor. So it plugs to an existing head unit/screen on the car. 

8 hours ago, BlueRaiden said:

Hi guys, newbie here (although a regular reader of the forum)

Just out of curiosity, can this system be installed in a 2008 allion? and approximately how much cost are we looking at if a proper system is to be fixed at a reputed place? 

btw my head unit was broken, im looking to replace it.

They are aftermarket systems and can be installed on any car. Like I've said above, it's highly unlikely that the camera system will come with a head unit. 

• Like 1

I had this system installed in my vehicle sometime back.  I purchased the unit from A#iExPR*** and it did not come with a screen.

What you get is 4 cameras, Control module, OBD wire (If the system is equipped with dynamic changing guide lines). Calibration sheet needs to be purchased separately.

Installation will take some time and patience as this involves lot of wiring and dismantling parts. So better to get it done from a place where there is a pool of mechanics or less customer traffic. 

System works flawlessly for almost 4 years now.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 12:11 PM, JayZ said:

I had this system installed in my vehicle sometime back.  I purchased the unit from A#iExPR*** and it did not come with a screen.

What you get is 4 cameras, Control module, OBD wire (If the system is equipped with dynamic changing guide lines). Calibration sheet needs to be purchased separately.

Installation will take some time and patience as this involves lot of wiring and dismantling parts. So better to get it done from a place where there is a pool of mechanics or less customer traffic. 

System works flawlessly for almost 4 years now.

Can u share the link with us? 

46 minutes ago, Dilan1234 said:

Can u share the link with us? 

Hi Dilan, I installed this module more than 4 years back. so original purchase link does not work now. And there are lot of new Bird eye systems in the market. The newest models are capable of displaying a similar 3D experience to New BMW systems.  Also another thing to note is that, it may take close to 5 or 6 hours to properly install this system depending your vehicle. so if you purchase this from online, lot of audio shops will quote a very high price for installation. 

• Thanks 1