• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan FB 15 door lock meachnism

charithtg

Question

from the first look this might look like a electrical problem but its NOT

so my father inlaw has a FB 15 which the rear passenger door locks are somewhat sketchy. they locks fine when the lock key is pressed on the sec system, but the locks only partially opens when unlocked. so even though the front are unlocked the rear doors are partially unlocked.

so last week i dismantled the doors and suspected that there might be obstructions to moving parts so cleaned the mechanical parts, lubricated them but same result.

then i disassembled the sealed lock motor mechanism as well cleaned, greased and fitted with no change.

Disassembled it again just to see if anything is stuck.  the spring that hold the big gear wheel in the center position got loose when i closed the two covers of the assy, just being curious i left it like that and fixed everything back. so now the main gearwheel which is connected to the motor is free to rotate when motor is powered without the tension of the spring.. surprisingly the auto lock was working fine afterwards.

My question is for anyone that is familiar with the mechanism. now with the motor mechanism and the gearwheels inside of the sealed unit is free from the spring tension, will it create any other problems due to the removal of the spring tension? the spring is there for a reason neh??

PS-i did the same thing to the other side door and it works fine as well....

4 answers to this question

from the first look this might look like a electrical problem but its NOT
so my father inlaw has a FB 15 which the rear passenger door locks are somewhat sketchy. they locks fine when the lock key is pressed on the sec system, but the locks only partially opens when unlocked. so even though the front are unlocked the rear doors are partially unlocked.
so last week i dismantled the doors and suspected that there might be obstructions to moving parts so cleaned the mechanical parts, lubricated them but same result.
then i disassembled the sealed lock motor mechanism as well cleaned, greased and fitted with no change.
Disassembled it again just to see if anything is stuck.  the spring that hold the big gear wheel in the center position got loose when i closed the two covers of the assy, just being curious i left it like that and fixed everything back. so now the main gearwheel which is connected to the motor is free to rotate when motor is powered without the tension of the spring.. surprisingly the auto lock was working fine afterwards.

My question is for anyone that is familiar with the mechanism. now with the motor mechanism and the gearwheels inside of the sealed unit is free from the spring tension, will it create any other problems due to the removal of the spring tension? the spring is there for a reason neh??

PS-i did the same thing to the other side door and it works fine as well....

Though I fixed few times this door actuator mechanism as a DIY job, bit difficult to understand what are referring by 'Big gear wheel'.
Maybe you could have posted few pictures of your DIY work.

55 minutes ago, gNaveendra said:

Though I fixed few times this door actuator mechanism as a DIY job, bit difficult to understand what are referring by 'Big gear wheel'.
Maybe you could have posted few pictures of your DIY work.

sorry i didnt take any, its the big nylon gear wheel which the helical gear of the electrical motor is attached to. that wheel is connected to the actuator arm which pivot to lock and unlock the door. this wheel is under spring tension. what i accidentally did was release this wheel from that tension.  let me see if google search will have a pic of it.

cheap motor

the unit is something similar to this, i was talking about the big gear wheel, which the motor is connected to. im the FB15 theres a spring underneath the big gear wheel, which restricts its rotation range..