Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aj lancer

Fuel consumption

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hyaenidae said:

Ahh, see. It seems the engine has been replaced :)

Yes. Definitely not the original engine.

 

2 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well, the engine number would tell if the engine has been replaced, wouldn't it?

Eg:

OeggFq2.png

Yes, you're right. Just wanted the chassis number because the CC was on the registration doc and I didn't see the chassis number on it at first glance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Aj lancer said:

Ohhhh thanks I didnt know this at all, in that case do I have any special attentive factors to be considered as Im new to use a lancer

If they did a decent replacement job with an engine in good condition there won't be any problems, right @Davy ? Not sure if the low FE is the result of a shoddy replacement job.

Bit of a dick move from the previous owner not telling you about the replacement though.

Edited by Hyaenidae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

If they did a decent replacement job with an engine in good condition there won't be any problems, right @Davy ? Not sure if the low FE is the result of a shoddy replacement job.

That's right. But then again god knows what's the actual mileage of the engine that's already on the car. As for the fuel efficiency, about 8 km/l is average in traffic for an automatic CS2 (Can't call it a CS1 anymore :)). It varies a lot based on how heavy-footed you are as well.

Do a proper full tank to full tank measurement and see if it's still in the lower end. Since several tune ups and services have been done, I suggest doing a compression test to make sure the engine isn't too worn out. This is because the history of the engine is unknown. Were the injectors cleaned during the tune-up? Was a diagnostic scan done to make sure everything is okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gNaveendra said:

@Aj lancer Is the following information legit for your car?

@Davy You may comment on this. Original car had 1300 cc engine.

image.thumb.png.db9ef8d6510bf138d618faec2a6e413b.png

Yes, the original car would have definitely had a 1.3L 4G13 engine. Somewhere down the line, someone has changed it to a 1.5L 4G15. If OP searched the forums before buying the car, he would have not fallen for it. :) Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the car having the current engine. If the job was done properly, it's actually better because the new engine is of higher capacity than the original and doesn't suffer from the lack of pulling power the CS1 has. It's just that the seller should have mentioned that the car has a different engine. 

Edited by Davy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Davy said:

Yes, the original car would have definitely had a 1.3L 4G13 engine. Somewhere down the line, someone has changed it to a 1.5L 4G15. If OP searched the forums before buying the car, he would have not fallen for it. :) Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the car having the current engine. If the job was done properly, it's actually better because the new engine is of higher capacity than the original and doesn't suffer from the lack of pulling power the CS1 has. It's just that the seller should have mentioned that the car has a different engine. 

But if the previous owner imported a recon 4G15 from Japan it might be a GDI. AFAIK In the Sri Lankan context, a PFI 4G13 would be better than a GDI 4G15 in terms of reliability. And OP would have to pump 95 octane instead of 92.

Is there a way to differentiate a GDI 4G15 from a PFI 4G15 by taking a look at the engine bay?

Edited by Hyaenidae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Davy said:

Yes, the original car would have definitely had a 1.3L 4G13 engine. Somewhere down the line, someone has changed it to a 1.5L 4G15. If OP searched the forums before buying the car, he would have not fallen for it. :) Having said that, there's nothing wrong with the car having the current engine. If the job was done properly, it's actually better because the new engine is of higher capacity than the original and doesn't suffer from the lack of pulling power the CS1 has. It's just that the seller should have mentioned that the car has a different engine. 

1

If the engine was swapped with 4G15 in Sri Lanka, won't the CR mention it under the 'Special Notes'?

Is fuel efficiency of 7 kmpL for 4G15 engine is too low?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Is there a way to differentiate a GDI 4G15 from a PFI 4G15 by taking a look at the engine bay?

Yeah. The intake manifold is different in a GDI. It's not that GDI is unreliable. The low quality fuel in Sri Lanka causes the GDI fuel pump to fail prematurely. The rest of the engine is similar to the EFI counterpart.

 

40 minutes ago, gNaveendra said:

If the engine was swapped with 4G15 in Sri Lanka, won't the CR mention it under the 'Special Notes'?

Is fuel efficiency of 7 kmpL for 4G15 engine is too low?

In Sri Lanka, where Priuses have diesel number plates, anything is possible. So I wouldn't be surprised if there's no mention of an engine swap in the CR. 

7km/l is on the lower end, but isn't impossible given the right (or wrong) conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

and why does the model no. say CS3ASRJER is that correct?

That was an example posted by @Hyaenidae. The chassis number of OP's car has CS1A in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, before my purchase of the car I did a fitness test in mag city and that didnt indicate any issues also the person at mag assured me for the next five years ill not have any problems with the vehicle. Can sumone pls recommend me a gud place to do a gud compression test ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Aj lancer said:

Well, before my purchase of the car I did a fitness test in mag city and that didnt indicate any issues also the person at mag assured me for the next five years ill not have any problems with the vehicle. Can sumone pls recommend me a gud place to do a gud compression test ??

That was a joke right ?

Even the manufacturers do not make such claims with their brand new vehicles how can this guy do so ? We have some amazing talent in this country ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, iRage said:

That was a joke right ?

Even the manufacturers do not make such claims with their brand new vehicles how can this guy do so ? We have some amazing talent in this country ! 

He was a Senior person at Mag, i was inquiring him about Mitsubishi's and Lancer's he recommended me this car as one of the best he has seen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, iRage said:

We have some amazing talent

well Mag city are well known for their amazing talent aren't they? now it seems they have an amazing talent for making outrageous claims too :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Aj lancer said:

He was a Senior person at Mag, i was inquiring him about Mitsubishi's and Lancer's he recommended me this car as one of the best he has seen

So you purchased the car based on a recommendation from a "senior" person who works at Mag City? Son, you've got a lot of learning to do about trusting people. :rolleyes: First, Mag City is one of the worst places around Colombo to take your car to. Just search the forum about the place and you'll find numerous threads about how bad it is. 

If you really want to get a car inspected before purchasing, the best place IMO to take it to is Car Checks. They do a thorough mechanical, body and document verification of the vehicle. I'm not sure if they do VIN verification to determine if the car's engine has been changed, but they would have definitely done a better job than Mag. The other thing is doing your homework about the car you want to buy without blindly jumping in. Ask trustworthy, knowledgeable people and people who have actually used the model you're interested in buying. 

Now that you've got the car, what you can do is to make sure your investment wasn't in vain. Take it to the agent and tell them the engine has been swapped. Ask them to check if the swap has been done properly and get a compression test done, timing belt replaced etc and a proper diagnostic scan done. Address all the issues and use the car. A replaced engine doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad car.

 

 

Edited by Davy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aj lancer said:

Ohhhh thanks I didnt know this at all, in that case do I have any special attentive factors to be considered as Im new to use a lancer

can it be a simple mistake when entering chassis number in the book? :o

can  you please check the chassis number in the identification plate whether is it CS1 or CS2 ?

Anyhow regarding your initial question on fuel consumption , is it a carb or EFI engine ? any engines misses or bad emission test results? I wonder if it is actually a replaced engine, how can we find the exact engine mileage without any documents? :o

Just for my information, Is the transmission of CSx is different from each other ? i.e. Can we just swap the 4G13 engine with 4G15 without swapping the transmission?

Edited by nagaya
more Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nagaya said:

can it be a simple mistake when entering chassis number in the book? :o

can  you please check the chassis number in the identification plate whether is it CS1 or CS2 ?

Anyhow regarding your initial question on fuel consumption , is it a carb or EFI engine ? any engines misses or bad emission test results? I wonder if it is actually a replaced engine, how can we find the exact engine mileage without any documents? :o

Just for my information, Is the transmission of CSx is different from each other ? i.e. Can we just swap the 4G13 engine with 4G15 without swapping the transmission?

Its cs1 , efi engine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Aj lancer said:

Its cs1 , efi engine. 

Then my suggestion is to get done a proper engine check and tuneup at the agents, according to the service manual it has to be done every 40000km for vehicles with normal spark plugs using unleaded petrol.

There is a ton of valuable information on CSx in this thread and I hope you will enjoy your new ride :D

 

Edited by nagaya
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nagaya said:

Just for my information, Is the transmission of CSx is different from each other ? i.e. Can we just swap the 4G13 engine with 4G15 without swapping the transmission?

Of course. They're all compatible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×