• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aj lancer

Fuel consumption

Hey everyone, I owe a 1.5l lancer cs1 glx engine type car. Im usin it for the past 1 year i've done around 3 tuneups almost buh still fuel consumption is damn high, is it common or do I have sum issue with my car??? Also if anyone can tell me how do I find whether the timing belt is replaced??

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the AL forum.

What's the current fuel figure?

IMO, it is difficult to check whether the t-belt is changed or not unless the previous owner/s reveal the detail.

Bunch of members who owns/owned lancer are in this forum may help you in this regard.

How did you measure fuel consumption? Did you do a full tank to full tank method? Also, is this a manual or an automatic? If you're a heavy footed driver, 7km/l is quite normal. Especially if you're constantly driving in city traffic. 

If you don't have proof (service records) of the timing belt being changed, I just wouldn't risk it. Get it changed if you're not sure. Since you've already driven the car for one year, even if the belt was replaced just before you purchased the car, it wouldn't look brand new anymore. So no, there's no way to tell. 

1 hour ago, Davy said:

How did you measure fuel consumption? Did you do a full tank to full tank method? Also, is this a manual or an automatic? If you're a heavy footed driver, 7km/l is quite normal. Especially if you're constantly driving in city traffic. 

My 1.6L Lancer does 9-10 even in heavy city traffic :) 

Mixed conditions: http://i.imgur.com/h42iVQY.png

Outstation: https://i.imgur.com/MlXfU1U.png

3 hours ago, Davy said:

If you don't have proof (service records) of the timing belt being changed, I just wouldn't risk it. Get it changed if you're not sure. Since you've already driven the car for one year, even if the belt was replaced just before you purchased the car, it wouldn't look brand new anymore. So no, there's no way to tell. 

Hey thanks btw I normally full tank its around 46liters in city traffic totally does around 300km wats full tank method actually??? I normally Drive in city traffic only.

In that case wat would be the cost of a t timing belt replacement

9 hours ago, Aj lancer said:

Hey everyone, I owe a 1.5l lancer cs1 glx engine type car. Im usin it for the past 1 year i've done around 3 tuneups almost buh still fuel consumption is damn high, is it common or do I have sum issue with my car??? Also if anyone can tell me how do I find whether the timing belt is replaced??

Thanks in advance

Is it a 1.3L CS1 or 1.5L CS2 ?

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, nagaya said:

Good observation. I totally missed that. :) 

@Aj lancer, If your car has a 1.5L engine, it has to be a CS2. Also, if this is a pre-facelift CS, it can even be a GDI. So which one is it?

1.3L = CS1

1.5L = CS2

1.6L = CS3

Also, full tank to full tank method is to:

1. Fill up (full tank)

2. Reset trip meter

3. Drive (at least until the fuel gauge reaches half mark)

4. Fill up (full tank). 

5. Fuel consumption = Trip computer reading / litres filled up in step 4

You need to perform this several times and average out the results in step 5 to get an accurate measurement. 

Edited by Davy
  • Like 2

@Aj lancer Is your CS1 is Auto or Manual gear? You said that you did tune up 3 times in the past 1 year. Did they change the spark plugs all the 3 times??? Is there any indication for the under-compression in the piston chamber?

1 hour ago, Aj lancer said:

Urs a cs2???

23 minutes ago, matroska said:

you drive a cs3?  

CY

On 5/17/2018 at 8:22 AM, nagaya said:

Hey its 1.5l buh cs1 cause my chasis no has CS1A  auto

IMG_20180521_120953.jpg

On 5/17/2018 at 9:16 AM, gNaveendra said:

@Aj lancer Is your CS1 is Auto or Manual gear? You said that you did tune up 3 times in the past 1 year. Did they change the spark plugs all the 3 times??? Is there any indication for the under-compression in the piston chamber?

Auto, I had to change the spark plugs once

On 5/17/2018 at 8:56 AM, Davy said:

Good observation. I totally missed that. :) 

@Aj lancer, If your car has a 1.5L engine, it has to be a CS2. Also, if this is a pre-facelift CS, it can even be a GDI. So which one is it?

1.3L = CS1

1.5L = CS2

1.6L = CS3

Also, full tank to full tank method is to:

1. Fill up (full tank)

2. Reset trip meter

3. Drive (at least until the fuel gauge reaches half mark)

4. Fill up (full tank). 

5. Fuel consumption = Trip computer reading / litres filled up in step 4

You need to perform this several times and average out the results in step 5 to get an accurate measurement. 

Hey thanks for that, and its cs1 auto 1.5 glx

Just now, Aj lancer said:

Hey thanks for that, and its cs1 auto 1.5 glx

Again... I don't think you understood my response above. If the car is a CS1, then it has a 1.3L engine (unless someone took out the original 4G13 and dropped in a 4G15 engine). 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Aj lancer said:

Mine is a cs1 1.5l glx auto 

IMG_20180521_121440.jpg

That's a bit strange.

Edited by Davy

4 minutes ago, Davy said:

What's first part of the chassis number without the last four digits?

You mean the engine number?

Just now, Hyaenidae said:

You mean the engine number?

No the chassis number. It says JMYSRCS1A. And the registration says 1468cc which is the displacement for a 4G15 engine.

Just now, Davy said:

No the chassis number. It says JMYSRCS1A. And the registration says 1468cc which is the displacement for a 4G15 engine.

Well, the engine number would tell if the engine has been replaced, wouldn't it?

Eg:

OeggFq2.png

2 minutes ago, Aj lancer said:

Screenshot_2018-05-21-12-24-27.png

Ahh, see. It seems the engine has been replaced :)

Just now, Hyaenidae said:

Ahh, see. It seems the engine has been replaced :)

Ohhhh thanks I didnt know this at all, in that case do I have any special attentive factors to be considered as Im new to use a lancer