• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggest me a good vehicle to buy around 4M

Wasu4

Question

Welcome to the forum. Why the  pic of a Honda Fit??  :D you've already made a choice and you want us to justify it  ??? This budget range was discussed Extensively there should be half-a-dozen recent threads 

1 hour ago, Wasu4 said:

I like that car though but i don't know deep about that. What kind of a vehicle will you suggest for that budget?

Hi, I am also new to cars and stuff and to this forum. from what I've learnt and seen, no one can suggest you a vehicle unless you provide what you really need and looking for? (car/SUV, hybrid/gasoline/electric, auto/manual, fuel economy etc... ) and how you are going to use the vehicle of course.

2 hours ago, Wasu4 said:

I like that car though but i don't know deep about that. What kind of a vehicle will you suggest for that budget?

1 hour ago, amsandun said:

Hi, I am also new to cars and stuff and to this forum. from what I've learnt and seen, no one can suggest you a vehicle unless you provide what you really need and looking for? (car/SUV, hybrid/gasoline/electric, auto/manual, fuel economy etc... ) and how you are going to use the vehicle of course.

If you ask me, I will suggest a Nissan Teana or a Kia Optima. 

That's my taste.

But your taste might be different, so please post your requirements

• Distance that you plan to travel per month
  • Number of family members who will normally use the car
  • Whether you carry goods often
  • Type of roads that you normally use
  • What kind of appearance that you like (sedan, hatchback, station wagon, space shuttle etc.)
  • Whether you like auto or manual gears

Stuff like that. Then we can help you choose one.

Please don't post the following statement: "I want a highly fuel efficient car that has good market value, luxurious and comfortable etc. etc." That's like saying I want to marry someone like mia khalifa and she needs to do all the housework too.... you just won't find that in this planet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

If you ask me, I will suggest a Nissan Teana or a Kia Optima. 

That's my taste.

But your taste might be different, so please post your requirements

• Distance that you plan to travel per month
  • Number of family members who will normally use the car
  • Whether you carry goods often
  • Type of roads that you normally use
  • What kind of appearance that you like (sedan, hatchback, station wagon, space shuttle etc.)
  • Whether you like auto or manual gears

Stuff like that. Then we can help you choose one.

Please don't post the following statement: "I want a highly fuel efficient car that has good market value, luxurious and comfortable etc. etc." That's like saying I want to marry someone like mia khalifa and she needs to do all the housework too.... you just won't find that in this planet.

Thank you for replying me. Hahah good example... Normally the vehicle will use around 3-4 days per week. Just go dinner outs and here and there around colombo area.
1 member use the car and 2-4 family members will go with him.

No we dont carry goods everyday only when we go for a picnic.

Roads around Piliyandala area. Normaly the roads are good but not all..

I like Sedan actually..

It has to be auto..

52 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

even mia khalifa might just do but cars won't. isn't it? :D

1 hour ago, Wasu4 said:

Thank you for replying me. Hahah good example... Normally the vehicle will use around 3-4 days per week. Just go dinner outs and here and there around colombo area.
1 member use the car and 2-4 family members will go with him.

No we dont carry goods everyday only when we go for a picnic.

Roads around Piliyandala area. Normaly the roads are good but not all..

I like Sedan actually..

It has to be auto..

So what I understand is, you are not a daily driver. You don't need a highly fuel efficient car. You are not going to save money by going for a fuel efficient car. Most probably you will lose money. Remember - on the second hand market, fuel efficient cars are expensive compared to bigger cars that drink more fuel.

Among used cars, Teana, Bluebird Sylphy, Axela, Lancer EX, Terios, Tucson, FD-Civic is what immediately comes to my mind. These vehicles have undergone depreciation (if any) so you won't lose money when u eventually sell it. And most of them are pretty robust. Don't worry about repairs.

If you are still worried about fuel efficiency, you got Axios in this range. They won't be as comfortable and good looking as any of the vehicles above.

If you are looking for a brand new/unreg sedan for this range - Perodua Bezza is the only option I can think of. There are also some Indian crap for this price. Bezza does well on fuel. Its smaller so probably no picnics with the Bezza. 

There are also hybrids such as Vitz and Fit. Obviously they are not sedans.

Just do a search in autolanka classifieds and post any cars that meet your interest. I'm sure the guys here will help you identify pros and cons.

46 minutes ago, Wasu4 said:

Normally the vehicle will use around 3-4 days per week. Just go dinner outs and here and there around colombo area.

So basically this won't be a car that will be doing the office runs or running long distance? 

1 hour ago, Wasu4 said:

I think hybrid is the new trend and economical version in SL isn't it. i like SUV or a Car and Auto transmission.

Well the trend was set due to the lower import tax on hybrids around  2012-2015 now the trend is for 'tiny engines' :D  - yeah hybrids are economical but unless you run long distance there won't be a HUGE gain. 

SUV's for most part are overrated and just big station wagons  that cost you twice.   If you don't really run daily then maybe you're better off with a nice comfy sedan like crosswind said 

But what i suggest you do is take a weekend and check the adverts and visit a few cars for sale in your budget range - test drive if possible and eventually you will feel what the perfect car/type for you and your family is. 

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

marry someone like mia khalifa and she needs to do all the housework too.

don't know about housework but it turns out she likes to cook .... 

P.S: Sorry for the OT ....just couldn't resist 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

So what I understand is, you are not a daily driver. You don't need a highly fuel efficient car. You are not going to save money by going for a fuel efficient car. Most probably you will lose money. Remember - on the second hand market, fuel efficient cars are expensive compared to bigger cars that drink more fuel.

Among used cars, Teana, Bluebird Sylphy, Axela, Lancer EX, Terios, Tucson, FD-Civic is what immediately comes to my mind. These vehicles have undergone depreciation (if any) so you won't lose money when u eventually sell it. And most of them are pretty robust. Don't worry about repairs.

If you are still worried about fuel efficiency, you got Axios in this range. They won't be as comfortable and good looking as any of the vehicles above.

If you are looking for a brand new/unreg sedan for this range - Perodua Bezza is the only option I can think of. There are also some Indian crap for this price. Bezza does well on fuel. Its smaller so probably no picnics with the Bezza. 

Just do a search in autolanka classifieds and post any cars that meet your interest. I'm sure the guys here will help you identify pros and cons.

Thank you so much very informative.

22 hours ago, Crosswind said:

What do you think about Toyota Axio 2014 Hybrid

1 hour ago, Wasu4 said:

What do you think about Toyota Axio 2014 Hybrid

It's a great car, man! God's gift to mankind. Go for it :)

It just so happened that I drove an Axio hybrid whole of last week... it was a frickin pain in the ass in more ways than one...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crosswind said:

It's a great car, man! God's gift to mankind. Go for it :)

It just so happened that I drove an Axio hybrid whole of last week... it was a frickin pain in the ass in more ways than one...

Yes. I heard good reviews about that car as well. So i am thinking of going for the Axio. Thank you so much. Really helped your feedbacks. Really appreciate the good works.

20 minutes ago, Wasu4 said:

Hehehe no no hehe

Then why don't you get a 2010+ FD4? You can find one with service records from the day it was first serviced. Looks great too. You don't need that much fuel efficiency anyway, you're not planning to use the car as a daily runner 

Edited by Hyaenidae

5 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Then why don't you get a 2010+ FD4? You can find one with service records from the day it was first serviced. Looks great too. You don't need that much fuel efficiency anyway, you're not planning to use the car as a daily runner 

Thank you for replying me. mmm is it.. anyway i am thinking of Toyota Axio. What do you think about it Any suggestion?

5 minutes ago, Wasu4 said:

Thank you for replying me. mmm is it.. anyway i am thinking of Toyota Axio. What do you think about it Any suggestion?

Imagine a gay guy thinking of Mia Khalifa. That's me thinking of the Axio :unsure: Personally, it just doesn't do anything to me, but if you think she's the one go for her! :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Imagine a gay guy thinking of Mia Khalifa. That's me thinking of the Axio :unsure: Personally, it just doesn't do anything to me, but if you think she's the one go for her! :)

Hehe okyy i got it