• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good DVD rental clubs to become a member of

PreseaLover

PL -why don't you try paid online movie services like N##Flix or the cheaper counterpart iF#### ? they might sometimes have at least some of your movies. 

If you're OK with buying instead of renting My dad used to buy bundles of Old movies (60's,70's,80's) from some place i'll ask him and let you know  tbh though  i don't think you're going to find a renting club at all

Edited by matroska

3 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Hi Guys,

Would any of you know a good place/ club in colombo that we could rent DVD's to watch or become a member and rent movies from? like a place that has a good 90's english movie collection. 

Can you look at your calendar and tell me the date indicated on it? Even the year is enough. 

• Haha 1

My father used to rent from a shop in Liberty Plaza named NASTARS. This is from the VHS era through VCD and then DVD. They had pretty much any movie you could think of. But they don't anymore. I guess as online sources increased rapidly, they just gave up on video rentals. I believe a lot of other places did the same. 

As others have said, I wouldn't be bothered with video rentals. There are so many online services through which you can watch movies for cheap. Then there are the "free" methods as well. ;)

So I bought a home theater system that supports DVD's... I have a 1TB hard disk of 350 english movies of all time., so I basically have all the must watch movies from the 60's to the present day. So there is nothing left for me to watch... I only watch CRIME, MYSTERY, SUSPENSE, ACTION, THRILLER AND SLASHER GENRE'S and nothing more. The movies I havent watched are the underrated 80's and 90's movies that doesnt even have torrents to download from or anywhere in the net I can source it from. That is why im looking for a rental shop which may have the older movies that were not popular.

@crosswind - new movies are full of shit and I dont watch new movies and most of them are remakes and plots are copied from older movies.. new actors and actresses sux.. 80's and 90's are the best, so id rather watch an old movie with low quality than watching a new movie with good quality

@matro - yes please let me know :) 

49 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

he underrated 80's and 90's movies that doesnt even have torrents to download from

well i have found some relatively obscure 1980s  movies via torrents so if the movies you want do not have torrents I really don't think a DVD Rental club would have them either.... 

on the other hand there is a particular site  named after hamsters that has quite a load of 80's -90's movies which are relatively unknown have  simple plots and sometimes in other languages yet not too hard to understand  .... the likes directed by a certain mr. Dorcel  and you can directly download them too..

Edited by matroska
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

@crosswind - new movies are full of shit and I dont watch new movies and most of them are remakes and plots are copied from older movies.. new actors and actresses sux.. 80's and 90's are the best, so id rather watch an old movie with low quality than watching a new movie with good quality

HAIYO.... koheda yanne malle pol. What I meant was in the YEAR 2018, DVD's are almost dead and DVD rentals died long ago. You can buy bootleg DVDs for less than the price we used to pay to rent them!

If you have a taste for old movies and you are adamant on watching them on DVDs, then I suggest go to Front street (Malwatte Road) Pettah and turn to Keyzer Street. Ask anyone where the Pakistani man's DVD shop is. You will find some rare English and Hindi classics with him.

Of course, you can find them all on the internet but knowing you, I expect you to tell me that movies in DVDs look better than the 1080p ones on the net.

Anyway can you please name a few of your underrated movies which are not available in torrent sites?

Edited by Crosswind

11 minutes ago, matroska said:

on the other hand there is a particular site  named after hamsters that has quite a load of 80's -90's movies which are relatively unknown have  simple plots and sometimes in other languages yet not too hard to understand  .... the likes directed by a certain mr. Dorcel  and you can directly download them too..

I like the fact that these movies use the universal language, which is understood by all mankind.

14 minutes ago, matroska said:

well i have found some relatively obscure 1980s  movies via torrents so if the movies you want do not have torrents I really don't think a DVD Rental club would have them either.... 

8 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

HAIYO.... koheda yanne malle pol. What I meant was in the YEAR 2018, DVD's are almost dead and DVD rentals died long ago. You can buy bootleg DVDs for less than the price we used to pay to rent them!

If you have a taste for old movies and you are adamant on watching them on DVDs, then I suggest go to Front street (Malwatte Road) Pettah and turn to Keyzer Street. Ask anyone where the Pakistani man's DVD shop is. You will find some rare English and Hindi classics with him.

Of course, you can find them all on the internet but knowing you, I expect you to tell me that movies in DVDs look better than the 1080p ones on the net.

Sorry, what I meant to say was, they have torrents but they do not have seeders :D on another note there were few DVD's i found in good quality via friends, and those movie torrents were not to be found in the net, which is why im looking for DVD's.. If available I dont mind downloading them... For an example, the Steven King's 1989 movie 'Pet Cematary' is availbale to buy in shops but coudnt find a torrent to download it. Another example, I couldnt find the 1993 tv series 'Angel Falls'.. it took me days to download Drew Barrymore's 1993 Dopalganger due to the lower number of seeds and that also the copy is not good... 

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

For an example, the Steven King's 1989 movie 'Pet Cematary' is availbale to buy in shops but coudnt find a torrent to download it. Another example, I couldnt find the 1993 tv series 'Angel Falls'.. it took me days to download Drew Barrymore's 1993 Dopalganger due to the lower number of seeds and that also the copy is not good... 

That doesn't seem right, a simple google search would find both movies mentioned above

For example, Pet Sematary:  https://mega.nz/#!MSAhUC6K!YGQ0G21l6Yv6j3Iwpq-Tsf4zQT3_1J8anOeqRhhsJwE

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

That doesn't seem right, a simple google search would find both movies mentioned above

For example, Pet Sematary:  https://mega.nz/#!MSAhUC6K!YGQ0G21l6Yv6j3Iwpq-Tsf4zQT3_1J8anOeqRhhsJwE

No user reviews and comments nothing... Most of the links like this are either fake links or something else or lowest quality movies.. have tried links like these already... 

11 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

No user reviews and comments nothing... Most of the links like this are either fake links or something else or lowest quality movies.. have tried links like these already... 

I'm 99% sure this is legit :) look up pahe .in where the file comes from, it's a legit website.

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1