• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2007 Pajero, 2007 nissan patrol or 2007 prado (120)

JN98

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello personally nissan patrol 2007 is the best option :) i know the vehicle very well :)  i had older models of  both patrol and pajero and i had no issue with the patrol manual :) i think 2007 model also has the same engine td42 ( not sure ) i got the engine with 500,000 kms on it and still ride like a beast :) pajero had many issues with the gear box :( prado i really dont know about anything but if you can go for a sahara 100 105 its better in every way :)  VX series is very good 

7 hours ago, nisala4423 said:

Hello personally nissan patrol 2007 is the best option :) i know the vehicle very well :)  i had older models of  both patrol and pajero and i had no issue with the patrol manual :) i think 2007 model also has the same engine td42 ( not sure ) i got the engine with 500,000 kms on it and still ride like a beast :) pajero had many issues with the gear box :( prado i really dont know about anything but if you can go for a sahara 100 105 its better in every way :)  VX series is very good 

Thanks macho

Depends on what you are looking for....

You are looking at a

1. Y61 series Patrol which was released in 1998ish but got a significant facelift in 2005/2006ish?...yes..the platform is already 10 years old by 2007 but everything that was a problem was fixed and all the good things were retained. So you get a pretty solid SUV. The thing is the Y61 is a better comparison with the full sized LC than the Prado.

2. J120 series Prado which first came out in 2002

3. First of the V80 Pajeros

They are pretty decent actually.....they are all pretty comfortable and quite capable for the novice off-roader and in stock form still will handle some rough off roading as well.

Personally I have found the Patrol to be a nicer cabin to be in because it feels roomy (I think its more about the shape rather than being actually much larger). The seats are nice and plush too.  I prefer the dashboard of the Prado and the Pajero; although they do look dainty rather than being off-roady. The Pajero's interior ( as with many other Mitsubishi's....) felt rather flimsy and plasticy.

The Pajero and the Prado feel a bit more nimble to the hand than the Patrol to drive. The Pajero with its uni-body construct handles a bit better.

In SL the Prado and the Pajero are quite common so you have a better chance of finding a good specimen; but it also means there is a lot of junk out there. The Patrol being a bit rarer would require a bit of patience.

So my order of preference:

Patrol, Prado, Pajero....

On 5/10/2018 at 6:07 AM, iRage said:

Depends on what you are looking for....

You are looking at a

1. Y61 series Patrol which was released in 1998ish but got a significant facelift in 2005/2006ish?...yes..the platform is already 10 years old by 2007 but everything that was a problem was fixed and all the good things were retained. So you get a pretty solid SUV. The thing is the Y61 is a better comparison with the full sized LC than the Prado.

2. J120 series Prado which first came out in 2002

3. First of the V80 Pajeros

They are pretty decent actually.....they are all pretty comfortable and quite capable for the novice off-roader and in stock form still will handle some rough off roading as well.

Personally I have found the Patrol to be a nicer cabin to be in because it feels roomy (I think its more about the shape rather than being actually much larger). The seats are nice and plush too.  I prefer the dashboard of the Prado and the Pajero; although they do look dainty rather than being off-roady. The Pajero's interior ( as with many other Mitsubishi's....) felt rather flimsy and plasticy.

The Pajero and the Prado feel a bit more nimble to the hand than the Patrol to drive. The Pajero with its uni-body construct handles a bit better.

In SL the Prado and the Pajero are quite common so you have a better chance of finding a good specimen; but it also means there is a lot of junk out there. The Patrol being a bit rarer would require a bit of patience.

So my order of preference:

Patrol, Prado, Pajero....

Thanks dude ?

On 09/05/2018 at 2:15 PM, JN98 said:

What’s better? :/

This is a partial statement first of all.

What's your preferred type of fuel. If you are opting for petrol versions and concerned about fuel economy then stay away from both patrol and pajero as they are pretty thirsty. The Prado with either 3RZ or 2TR returns a decent mileage. Also the brand new imported versions of the pajero had the 6G72(3.0L) would be more economical by some distance compared to the JDM version which had 6G75 (3.8L) both V6. Not sure what engine you would get on the petrol Patrol version.

If you are looking for a hardcore offroader and car like road handling then do go for the Patrol. Remember owing a Y60 with TD-42, It was a brute to say the least. I think the low body height reduced it's body roll.

The pajero has quite some short comings as mentioned above but the diesel version with the 4M41 wouldn't be a bad option.

On my personal opinion the Prado 120 styling gives the impression of a MPV. the version with the spare wheel placed under neath the vehicle really looks like one. It really does not tempt you to be driven hard and it feels like a vehicle for the morning school run.

My choice would be to by a diesel Patrol with ZD30 although I am not sure how well it will hold up. If your looking for a reliable engine the do buy a patrol that has TD42 as it is a proven engine.but you will have to dig deep to find a sought after one.

Edited by top tip
  • Like 1