• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota from Wasanatrading

Malaka Silva

Hi,

I recently bought a toyota hybrid 2017(September) from WasanaTrading Kandana. (40km) I have few problems. Even though I asked the same from car seller they can't answer those.

1. In the first service they changed the oil. According to the manufacture this is not required? Why did they do that?

2. I only got one smart key. They never arranged the second key.

Since this is brand new this should not be issues? Seems hard to trust this car sale?

Edited by Malaka Silva

15 minutes ago, Malaka Silva said:

Hi,

I recently bought a toyota axio hybrid 2017 from WasanaTrading Kandana. (40km) I have few problems. Even though I asked the same from car seller they can't answer those.

1. In the first service they changed the oil. According to the manufacture this is not required? Why did they do that?

Since this is brand new this should not be issues? Seems hard to trust this car sale?

What you bought is not a brand new car. Its a car that was sold in Japan, bought by a car broker there, put in to an auction there and shipped out of the country. Absolutely anything could have happened within that cycle.

You must be dumb if you call it 'brand new'.

1. There's nothing wrong with changing the oil in the first service. I personally prefer to do that but there are others who wish to run with the existing oil in the car. In any case, its a good precaution to change it. The car sale guy can claim swear by his own penis that the mileage is genuine, but better to be safe than sorry.

2. Perhaps they lost the second key?

And as for your next question, there are no reliable car sellers in this country. You can even trust your own parents when doing car business.

I think as far as the smart key goes, it could be reprogrammed and sold for a hefty price, that could be a reason why you didn't get it.

But the car having so called being called "brand new" by the car sale, you should have demanded for both the keys as a new programmed smart key could set back around 25k AFAIK.

And how about the audio system, did it come with one or does it have a 2 din hole.

Such a pity really.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

What you bought is not a brand new car. Its a car that was sold in Japan, bought by a car broker there, put in to an auction there and shipped out of the country. Absolutely anything could have happened within that cycle.

You must be dumb if you call it 'brand new'.

1. There's nothing wrong with changing the oil in the first service. I personally prefer to do that but there are others who wish to run with the existing oil in the car. In any case, its a good precaution to change it. The car sale guy can claim swear by his own penis that the mileage is genuine, but better to be safe than sorry.

2. Perhaps they lost the second key?

And as for your next question, there are no reliable car sellers in this country. You can even trust your own parents when doing car business.

No...but yes...

A non-resident can never buy a brand new car in Japan because in order for the manufacturer's dealer to release the car to the buyer the car needs to be registered. Registration cannot be done unless you are a resident of Japan with a council approved parking slot that has been inspected by the police. So what happens most of the time is that people (sometimes car salesmen and sometimes individuals) purchase cars under their names, and then de-register it for export. It is quite common for cars that have a pretty good demand overseas. Thus, all the paper work will say "used" even if the car had not even been taken out of the dealer's lot. There after the buyer of the car could choose to put it in to auction so someone else can buy it (which happens quite a lot) or that person might decide to export it himself.

So...You CAN buy a brand new car at auction.

The issue is our car salesmen in SL are not the most transparent or honest of people..so you have no idea what you get. 

Having said that....if the OP RECENTLY bought a 2017 car...then it is highly unlikely that it is brand new. In Japan it is not possible that a brand new car was just left idling around for all this time (if it was imported recently). Then on the other hand if it was imported sometime back....it is highly unlikely that your brand new Axio was not used for all this time and it was just sitting around. If it was the latter case..then just because it wasn't registered a long time ago it doesn't mean that it was not used.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malaka Silva said:

40km

you mean this was the mileage of the car? 

2 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Avoid Wasana like the plague

Have no experience with them but they seem to have grown over the years - from peddling kei vans in the early 2000s' to Vitzs in the mid 2000s and then cashing in on the hybrid craze - they usually cater to the masses who have no idea what they are buying and follow the trend.  Generally I'd avoid car sales be it in Dematagoda,Kadawatha,Kandy or Kohuwala cos  most of the time  they are crooked. 'Trusted for overXX years' doesn't mean a thing.

14 minutes ago, matroska said:

you mean this was the mileage of the car? 

Have no experience with them but they seem to have grown over the years - from peddling kei vans in the early 2000s' to Vitzs in the mid 2000s and then cashing in on the hybrid craze - they usually cater to the masses who have no idea what they are buying and follow the trend.  Generally I'd avoid car sales be it in Dematagoda,Kadawatha,Kandy or Kohuwala cos  most of the time  they are crooked. 'Trusted for overXX years' doesn't mean a thing.

In there defense....they do not say what they have been trusted for (eg. A cobra can be trusted to bite when agitated)

5 hours ago, Malaka Silva said:

Hi,

I recently bought a toyota axio hybrid 2017 from WasanaTrading Kandana. (40km) I have few problems. Even though I asked the same from car seller they can't answer those.

1. What gave you the idea that the manufacture does not change the oil in the first service ? Also, there is nothing wrong in changing the oil. Did they charge you for the oil ? Is that the issue ?

2. They probably lost it...

What is the 40km anyway ? Was that the mileage when you bought the car ? Are you sure you want to trust that ? What is the exact YoM (or first registration in Japan) When was the car imported to SL ?  If it was imported recently...why was a brand new 2017 car just sitting around in japan all this time ? that never happens unless it was someone's actual car sitting in a garage which would make it NOT brand new. If it was imported to Sri Lanka in 2017 why was it sitting in a car dealer all this time ? 

• Haha 1

The place i worked previously (A bank) did not accept any leases from the said seller due to reputation. You better check YOM carefully. They are famous for improving YOM of cars (With help from DMT & Customs)

Dear All,

Thx all for your feedback. I have checked the car with reputed organization. No issues with the vehicle. That is good enough for me.

Seems like these guys have swapped the duplicate key with another car. Also car was registered in Japan in 09/2017. Shipped to Sri Lankan 10/2017 (Milage 27). stayed in sale for 3-4 months. No words for their unprofessional and rude customer service. Anyway they are not thinking about customers returning back to them anyway.

On down side I have to get a duplicate key from Key Lanka for 16500/=. I have decided to avoid 2nd and 3rd labor free services from them. Well about warranty it covers few things that are highly unlikely to fail in Toyota. Make sense for me to do proper service for long run.

I guess we can conclude the discussion.

• Like 2

One of my colleagues paid a advance for a new Vitz from above car sale and when he went to get the car,they were reluctant to show the original jaai certificate. Ultimately it happened to be a R grade car with altered millage. (60000 plus original milage converted to 14000km or something similar). So they have paid back the advance payment .Guess what same car had been bought by a high ranked police officer few days later.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk