• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu Terios J100G (HC-EJ) gearbox issue

I have a daihatsu terios 1997 (J100G HC-EJ auto transmission) rear wheel driven 4x4 mini SUV. Recently, I noticed a difficulty to shift into gears in the morning, and to fix that I took the vehicle to a garage in panadura. They told the gear box has to be fully serviced and they did. But, after that, even though the starting problem solved, the vehicle could not shift into gears higher than the 3rd. They tried to fix it more than 5 times but every time it was the same. Finally the vehicle gearbox died in kandy and I had to carry it to colombo as there was no gearbox to be found in kandy region. Now the vehicle is in a garage in kotte, and I still could not find a matching gearbox. And same time I got to know that the panadura garage people has cut the wire harness coming from the computer to the gearbox and connected some jumpers to the OD part. Can someone suggest me a place to check for a reliable gearbox or to place to fix this issue ? I no longer trust the panadura garage and dont want to take the vehicle back there. They ruined my vehicle keeping it there for almost 4 months.