• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot Brand & Agent - Dependability

mcs627

Question

I'm seriously considering buying a Peugeot 3008 or 5008. The vehicles look more classier than the Honda CRV or similar class of vehicles of Japanese origin. What is the general consensus regarding the agent for Peugeot during and after the warranty period and practical problems one faces here as the warranty period comes to an end. Is there good aftermarket  spare parts availability ?  My current car is a Prius that I've owned from 2011 and I've put in 212,000 Kms over the years and I'm expecting to take the plunge if I can get the same dependability from the vehicle and the agent. Obviously I'm not looking at the same fuel economy. I've had some friends who advised me not to even touch them with a bargepole but they are blokes who simply don't see beyond Japanese vehicles. I'm a guy who keeps the vehicle till it completely dies on me and resale value does not matter at all.

Edited by mcs627
Details spelling and grammar

2 answers to this question

Congratulations on even daring to think about leaving the Prius-pack and looking elsewhere!  :D

Best bet is to go with the Agent and their 4 year warranty on parts and service. Peugeots are pretty solid built cars meant to be driven hard. The AT gearbox issue from the early 2000s should be solved long ago now. The random minor errors like from bulb failures caused by corrosion of connectors should not be an issue if you drive often. In case you smell trouble, you need not worry during the warranty period.

Edited by ajm
  • Like 1