• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What to check/replace in first service?

amsandun

Hi everyone,

After some time of finding facts, I got my first car (Toyota Vitz 2016/10). Personally imported. It has 12500 km on the odometer. So I thought of getting a service done before put it on the road.

Since I am new to cars and stuff, can someone please let me know what to specially look for and replace in the first service. I was told that engine oil has to be changed. What about oil filter, air filter etc...?

Thanks...

What kush said...also fyi...in Japan the brake fluid and coolant gets changed every two years during the shaken inspection. So that is not found in the JDM service schedules....but typically brake fluid is to be swapped every 20,000km or every two years; which ever comes first. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, iRage said:

What kush said...also fyi...in Japan the brake fluid and coolant gets changed every two years during the shaken inspection. So that is not found in the JDM service schedules....but typically brake fluid is to be swapped every 20,000km or every two years; which ever comes first. 

Service schedule issued by the Manufacturer for my car (Lancer export version) recommends changing coolant every 100,000km or 5 years (Factory filled coolant is to be replaced after 160,000km or 8 years! why is that?)

and Brake fluid every 40,000km or 2 years

Edited by Hyaenidae

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

Service schedule issued by the Manufacturer for my car (Lancer export version) recommends changing coolant every 100,000km or 5 years (Factory filled coolant is to be replaced after 160,000km or 8 years! why is that?)

No idea...could be the type of coolant used and environmental conditions it goes through ?

In Japan they are not even listed in the manufacturers schedule because it is mandatory done at the shaken inspection. 

Actually the coolant might be every three years; I am not sure....but the brake fluid is every 2 years or 20,000km

5 hours ago, kush said:

Change Engine oil and filter

Thank you all for the replies.What type of engine oil should be used? is Mobil the one widely used and the good one? Any specific grade to chose from them?

3 minutes ago, amsandun said:

Thank you all for the replies.What type of engine oil should be used? is Mobil the one widely used and the good one? Any specific grade to chose from them?

I've used Mobil and Valvoline, never had a problem with either of the brands 

Use SAE 5W30, API SN / ILSAC GF

If you choose a mineral oil the OCI is 6 months / 5000kms (whichever comes first)

If you choose a full synthetic oil OCI is 12 months / 10000kms (whichever comes first)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2018 at 8:54 PM, Hyaenidae said:

I've used Mobil and Valvoline, never had a problem with either of the brands 

Use SAE 5W30, API SN / ILSAC GF

If you choose a mineral oil the OCI is 6 months / 5000kms (whichever comes first)

If you choose a full synthetic oil OCI is 12 months / 10000kms (whichever comes first)

Is it a must or a good practice to use Toyota oil for Toyota vehicles? Does it matter which oil we put in?

1 hour ago, amsandun said:

Is it a must or a good practice to use Toyota oil for Toyota vehicles? Does it matter which oil we put in?

No, it's not, the brand really doesn't matter, as long as it's the correct viscosity (5W30) and meets manufacturer's recommended API rating (API SN) it doesn't matter the brand of the oil you put in. Go for an oil which is listed on API website though, like Mobil/Valvoline - Toyota outsources their oil from a reputed manufacturer (Mobil?) too if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

No, it's not, the brand really doesn't matter, as long as it's the correct viscosity (5W30) and meets manufacturer's recommended API rating (API SN) it doesn't matter the brand of the oil you put in. Go for an oil which is listed on API website though, like Mobil/Valvoline - Toyota outsources their oil from a reputed manufacturer (Mobil?) too if I remember correctly. 

Depends on the market and the time period....they used to outsource it to Mobil in quite a few regions in the past but have phased away from Mobil in some markets. In Japan they outsource it to CASTLE.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 3:42 PM, Hyaenidae said:

My service manual says, Except 4A9, 6B3, 3B2 replace every 40000km  or 2 years for coolant and for 4A9, 6B3, 3B2 engines replace first at 160,000km or 8 years, then every 100,000km or 5years, What is the engine of CY2? Isn't it a 4Gxx ? :o

Break fluid, replace every 40000km  or 2 years

Engine oil, replace every 15000km  or 1 year, although we are changing it every 5000km or 6 months here

59 minutes ago, nagaya said:

My service manual says, Except 4A9, 6B3, 3B2 replace every 40000km  or 2 years for coolant and for 4A9, 6B3, 3B2 engines replace first at 160,000km or 8 years, then every 100,000km or 5years, What is the engine of CY2? Isn't it a 4Gxx ? :o

Break fluid, replace every 40000km  or 2 years

Engine oil, replace every 15000km  or 1 year, although we are changing it every 5000km or 6 months here

CY2 comes with a 4A91 / 4A92 engine

And the manual says to change engine oil every 6mo/5k kms under severe conditions...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

CY2 comes with a 4A91 / 4A92 engine

And the manual says to change engine oil every 6mo/5k kms under severe conditions...

Thanks for the info :) I never knew it and though it is a 4G15 :D so both CY & CZ has different engines than Orion or Sirius :D

8 minutes ago, nagaya said:

Thanks for the info :) I never knew it and though it is a 4G15 :D so both CY & CZ has different engines than Orion or Sirius :D

Yup, CY series came with 4A91 engines (1500CC) till the end of 2011; from 2012 onwards it was 4A92 (1600CC)