• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trunk Central Lock Not Working

fakeside

Question

Hi Friends,

I have a 2004 Suzuki swift 1.3 (HT51S). couple of days ago I found that my car trunk central lock actuator not working when the door is closed.

when the door is opened locking mechanism  works perfect with the car remote. (trunk can be locked using the car Key) .

Can some one tell me what is the cause of this particular problem:(

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

If i understood you , car boot door can be locked using the remote key but it can not be unlocked using the remote controller.

3 probable causes.

1. bad actuator (normally SL technicians say "return is not working"), so ac

2. Latch has a considerable resistance to unlock,so actuator can not unlock it .

3. There is unit which controls these signals,that unit might be faulty.

- 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fakeside said:

Hi Guys,

Appreciate the prompt response.

is there a permanent fix?

will I have to replace the whole actuator unit or is it possible to replace only motor? 

Of course there is a permanent fix. :) You just need to find out what is failing. The actuator IS the motor, so replacing the actuator is basically replacing the motor. Most actuators are sealed, and cannot be repaired. Finding a recon actuator should be pretty easy given how common the car is.

You can do some investigation yourself:

Open the tailgate and try pressing the lock and unlock button and pay close attention to the "latch" on the tailgate. You should hear the actuator operating (if you look closely, you will see it moving as well) on both lock and unlock signals.

If you do, then the actuator is receiving the signal and it might be as simple as a failed actuator or the actuator itself being overloaded by friction in the linkages in the lock. If it's the latter, you should be able to spray some WD-40 to the non electrical linkages (i.e. everywhere else except the actuator pivot/armature) and some contact cleaner to the actuator pivot. 

Hi Davy,

I tried everything you mentioned dear. My actuator is not a sealed type so I was able to remove the actuator housing by myself and found the motor and it works perfect when I press the remote key lock-unlock buttons:wacko:.  

But the thing is when the door is in closed position actuator unit does not function.  I can't agree with The Sig because I can feel the power of the actuator(motor) when I press the remote key while holding the steel rod that linked to the motor.:mellow:

Edited by fakeside

2 hours ago, fakeside said:

But the thing is when the door is in closed position actuator unit does not function.  I can't agree with The Sig because I can feel the power of the actuator(motor) when I press the remote key while holding the steel rod that linked to the motor.:mellow:

Guess you have 2 wire actuator (or 5 ?). Try to connect a 12v bulb to those wires and see whether its working when you press lock-unlock buttons. This should test while door is in open position and close position.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kusumsiri said:

Guess you have 2 wire actuator (or 5 ?). Try to connect a 12v bulb to those wires and see whether its working when you press lock-unlock buttons. This should test while door is in open position and close position.

Thanks for the idea friend, actually it's  2 wire. I'll try this and get back to you soon..:rolleyes:

I solved the puzzle…:lol:root case was short circuit in the wire harness which coming through the top right corner of the tail gate. There were no issues in latch or actuator , It took nearly a month to figure out my problem:rolleyes:.

Thank you, friends for your help and support.:)