• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need advice on vitz 2017(safety) vs Swift 2017 (Safety)

Suuuuulu

Hi All,

Im new to this car buying thing and planning to buy a vitz 2017 OR swift 2017 model. 

I have driven both vehicles, since im not a car guy im ok with both. While observing ncap and moose tests reviews, i understood that vitz is marginally safer and stable compared to swift. But then again swift comes with some bells and whistles (such as automatic climate control) as standard. Where as vitz 1000cc only comes with manual AC.

My absolute maximum budget is fixed at 42mil.

My main reason for buying a car is as bellow.

- daily commute (reliablilty)

- Fuel efficiency ( if anyone knows fuel efficiency of both these vehicles please let me know)

- Better resale value (after less than 5 years)

Appreciate any expert comments of vitz, swift gurus. 

Thanks allot.

I guess it's a bit too early to get user experience from vitz/swift users cos it's relatively new to the Market. I have been in a couple of vitzes and with all due respect it's just too bland to justify it's price tag. I didn't know the Swift and vitz were in the same price category thought the Swift was more expensive. Given a choice between the two I'd pick the Swift.

P.s resale value cannot be predicted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, matroska said:

I guess it's a bit too early to get user experience from vitz/swift users cos it's relatively new to the Market. I have been in a couple of vitzes and with all due respect it's just too bland to justify it's price tag. I didn't know the Swift and vitz were in the same price category thought the Swift was more expensive. Given a choice between the two I'd pick the Swift.

P.s resale value cannot be predicted 

Thanks..

Well, both can be bought around 42/= With personal imports.

Im talking about 1000cc swift not the hybrid one.

Moose tests are done with stability control turned off. Generally the sportier cars tend to do bad since they have faster steering ratios and tend to oversteer. This is not a bad thing if you are a skilled driver. However cars with soft and basic suspension have slower steering ratios designed to understeer on purpose.
Don't base your car buying decision on this as you should never turn off stability control.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

You will get a basic Vitz Vs top of the range RS Turbo

Check the new price in Japan your Vitz is significantly cheaper

Your price is same due to the high demand in auctions for the Vitz (trading at a premium)

If you are worried about resale go for the Vitz if you want the better car go for the Swift,

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Stig said:

Moose tests are done with stability control turned off. Generally the sportier cars tend to do bad since they have faster steering ratios and tend to oversteer. This is not a bad thing if you are a skilled driver. However cars with soft and basic suspension have slower steering ratios designed to understeer on purpose.
Don't base your car buying decision on this as you should never turn off stability control.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thanks for the input.

But i dont think sports cars are tend to do bad on moose test. If car gets uncontrollable without traction control its inherited with some imbalance/higher center of gravity as i understand. Besides cars like porsche 911, honda civic do well in moose test. Cars with higher center of gravity usually fails moose test and tend to roll over as i understand.(double cabs etc.)

Anyway moose test wont affact much in my decision. im not keen on avoiding mooses while driving . :)

4 hours ago, kush said:

You will get a basic Vitz Vs top of the range RS Turbo

Check the new price in Japan your Vitz is significantly cheaper

Your price is same due to the high demand in auctions for the Vitz (trading at a premium)

If you are worried about resale go for the Vitz if you want the better car go for the Swift,

thanks for the input :)

Edited by Suuuuulu

Thanks for the input.

But i dont think sports cars are tend to do bad on moose test. If car gets uncontrollable without traction control its inherited with some imbalance/higher center of gravity as i understand. Besides cars like porsche 911, honda civic do well in moose test. Cars with higher center of gravity usually fails moose test and tend to roll over as i understand.(double cabs etc.)

Anyway moose test wont affact much in my decision. im not keen on avoiding mooses while driving . [emoji4]

Lol where have I said anything about sports cars. Sportier cars are not tha same as purpose built sports cars. And are you seriously comparing a rear wheel drive rear engine 911 to a front wheel drive swift? [emoji28]

Can you explain this using centre of gravity

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

Lol where have I said anything about sports cars. Sportier cars are not tha same as purpose built sports cars. And are you seriously comparing a rear wheel drive rear engine 911 to a front wheel drive swift? emoji28.png

Can you explain this using centre of gravity

It might have lots facts which can cause skid in moose test. What i said is if a given vehicle is more stable even with traction control OFF its obviously more stable and controlable. Im no race driver. Just wants it stay under control in an emergency. :D

So this merc is more sportier than vitz/swift  coz its uncontrollable in moose test? 

Guess i'll definitely stay away from sportier vehicles. :D

2 hours ago, The Stig said:

Lol where have I said anything about sports cars. Sportier cars are not tha same as purpose built sports cars. And are you seriously comparing a rear wheel drive rear engine 911 to a front wheel drive swift? emoji28.png

Dude !!! Where have you been ? We have had Maruti Alto/Celerio being compared against Audi A1s !

• Like 1

Dude !!! Where have you been ? We have had Maruti Alto/Celerio being compared against Audi A1s !

Ha ha I saw [emoji28]

I avoided the forum because I saw an influx of people like well..... Ummmm..... [emoji16]