• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

MG ZS 2018

trish_auto

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 10:07 PM, vitz said:

Though people try to downgrade non-japanese/euros, reality is quite different. For example Korean Vehicles. I used a SSangyong Korando for 6 years and sold few days back. The vehicle did not trouble me at all,  given services, gear oil changes, fuel filter change were done timely. Though I did not earn a profit by selling the vehicle I fully enjoyed its use during past 6 years. Frankly, it gave less troubles than the Honda Fit we use as our second vehicle......

The problem of Sri Lankans is expecting unbreakable vehicles and considering the purchase of vehicle as a profitable investment!!!!!. We have totally got used for second hand/recondition parts from Japan for repairs and consider the use of a  Genuine part as a burden. 

Hi, tell me more about the Korando, how is the fuel economy, comfort compaired to honda fit, and how much did you loose after 6 years. ?

• 3 months later...
On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Mahasona said:

So here is some feedback.

You cannot bend the side mirrors electrically. Not sure why this basic feature is not there.

Vehicle lights are yellow

Entertainment system doubles up as the gauges for the A/C system. For example if you turn the cold / heat knob the amount is displayed in the entertainment system. There is no other way to see this. So not sure if you can replace this with a aftermarket branded model to upgrade

A/C system is basic. no Auto function

Display on entertainment system is very poor quality. Even cheap chineses once have better displays

Sound system - poor

Seat belt warnings stay on even without anyone sitting on the seats. And goes off after some time

Interior build is pretty cheap

Seats average - not bad actually

Vehicle look is good- for me :)

Pickup is good

multi function has a lot of options, includes bluetooth as well

Supports Apple but not Android

No other fafety options than Airbags and ABS

So overall I would say if you really want a brand new SUV but don't have the money for that go for it. For a small SUV this is cheap! Else I feel the money will be wasted. 2nd hand market; not sure. But I have a good feeling PPL will not go for this. But I can be wrong :)

My father owns a mg zs that is not  bad according to its price tag anyway micro says that it is the british standard not to fix retract mirrors. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2018 at 8:40 PM, YoungGrasshopper said:

Hi guys,

So a colleague at work got delivery of his new MG ZS on Friday (Drove it to work on Tuesday). Of course, everyone was complimenting him on the looks of the vehicle, since appearance wise, you can;t get anything like it for LKR 5 mil.

I didn't have a chance to go for a drive, but I did manage to hop in and have a look around (My colleague got the 1L 3 Cyl Turbo).

Based on first looks, it looks pretty good...to the untrained eye. An average person will not notice anything negative, at least as long as the car is new.

If you look closely though, you can see where corners have been cut. If you take the seats, the top part (the part that you rest your bum on) is made out of artificial leather. But the rest is all cloth.

The dash looks "shape"..but A/C vents and stuff are quite similar to the BAIC X25.

The entertainment system comes with Apple CarPlay support but not Android Auto (weird).

There is decent legroom at the back, plus some decent luggage space.

Since the car is new, my colleague was getting around 7.2 kmpl. So it is likely that with time, fuel consumption might settle in the 7-8 kmpl range.

What I cannot comment on are the mechanics (didn't get a chance to pop the hood). Lots of folks here on AL have also raised concerns about the really bad quality of aftersales service provided by the agent, so that's something to think about.

My Dynamic Red (2018-10 delivery) only got around 5-6 kmpl :(  in colombo traffic. 8-9 in highway 100kmph (with 3 adults) 

nothing than refueling octane 95  :(

Manage to resell for 4.4M last month. 

almost 6 lacks lose.  

On 3/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, kush said:

Sad my SUV with twice the engine does much better on fuel very much in highway

yes,downsized engines dont give best mileage on the Highway compared to bigger engines. But should give better mileage in City than 5-6kmpl.(Maybe better after Break-in period?)