• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

MG ZS 2018

trish_auto

Any idea of this new suv, manufactured in China for European market. Currently which is available for a price tag of Rs.4.6 -4.8 million at the local agents,  M**ro Cars Ltd. This has two variants, 1.5-litre non-turbocharged four-cylinder petrol and 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol .  If anyone already using this model, please share your views with us. Thank You.

MG ZS 2018 review

• Confused 1

On 4/29/2018 at 8:38 AM, Clark'sson said:

If unimo were still the agents i would also go ahead and buy one. But with micro as the agents. Even if it was a japanese its better to avoid.

It is manufactured in China for European market

i Inspected the vehicle. (unfortunately could not do a test drive.)  It has a plastic feeling. For example the rear trunk handle or the electric sun roof seem very brittle and will not last even three months. even door handles seem cheap. Although the sales guy insisted it was the same vehicle that is manufactured to the European market i have a feeling this is specifically manufactured for MIcro  with cheap raw material. 

However it seems they are selling like hot cakes as i saw several people ordering when i was at their office due to SUV/Crossover mentality. Same as buying a BAIC i guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quiet said:

i saw several people ordering when i was at their office due to SUV/Crossover mentality.

in a few months they will all be in the same queue with broken door-handles in their hands, waiting to get V*P M!cro service:D

2 hours ago, Quiet said:

i Inspected the vehicle. (unfortunately could not do a test drive.)  It has a plastic feeling. For example the rear trunk handle or the electric sun roof seem very brittle and will not last even three months. even door handles seem cheap. Although the sales guy insisted it was the same vehicle that is manufactured to the European market i have a feeling this is specifically manufactured for MIcro  with cheap raw material. 

However it seems they are selling like hot cakes as i saw several people ordering when i was at their office due to SUV/Crossover mentality. Same as buying a BAIC i guess.

Hi Quiet

Thank you for the feedback. In fact one of my friends already placed the order and insisting me on that. 

Yes, you may be correct, because of the low price tag compared to other suv/crossovers made in Japan and Korea.

My main concern is the fuel economy figures, which they claim 6L per 100km.   Any MG users in the forum and comment on this as well as the engine performances.

Cheers

On 4/29/2018 at 6:54 PM, matroska said:

If Micro became the Toyota agent then you should avoid even buying a Toyota ? I thought someone else was doing MG oh well another brand then to avoid like the plague

Bdw is your location details are correct ?? :rolleyes:

location.jpg

16 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

Bdw is your location details are correct ?? :rolleyes:

location.jpg

:o Stalker Alert!!!

well it seems a little off doesn't it? :D but yes i used to live near a paddy-field  ..... but not this one apparently 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Trish_Auto,

Micro only market 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol model which is the highest in it's range. I am too following this vehicle and it seems worth for the price. There would be more and more units on the roads within few weeks as ppl are interested on the unit regardless of the Micro factor.  I've read that the fuel consumption is average 10 in city and 15 in out. Further, it comes with a 5 yrs (previously it was only for 3 yrs) or 100,000km warranty (I don't know about the after sales services warranty claims of Micro)

Seems like a good deal

On 6/4/2018 at 12:44 PM, JayZ said:

In which area you are looking to get this installation done? 

I know a decent guy around Maharagama who does a good job in installing. He even has these High Res cams in stock. So you would save some time than getting through AliExp.

On 6/3/2018 at 6:06 AM, gdgy said:

Could you guys recommend a proper car detail place?

On 4/27/2018 at 8:38 PM, trish_auto said:

Any idea of this new suv, manufactured in China for European market. Currently which is available for a price tag of Rs.4.6 -4.8 million at the local agents,  M**ro Cars Ltd. This has two variants, 1.5-litre non-turbocharged four-cylinder petrol and 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol .  If anyone already using this model, please share your views with us. Thank You.

MG ZS 2018 review

You can get some decent examples which have been brought to UK. An example with a few thousand miles might fit your budget. I think the UK versions are on a 5+ year warranty - so obviously should be good than what is directly being shipped here for Micro. If i find the ad on FB will PM you. 

Reviews seem to be decent so i wouldnt too much caution you from a UK version. Micro - Def no no

Edited by Sadik
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

So a colleague at work got delivery of his new MG ZS on Friday (Drove it to work on Tuesday). Of course, everyone was complimenting him on the looks of the vehicle, since appearance wise, you can;t get anything like it for LKR 5 mil.

I didn't have a chance to go for a drive, but I did manage to hop in and have a look around (My colleague got the 1L 3 Cyl Turbo).

Based on first looks, it looks pretty good...to the untrained eye. An average person will not notice anything negative, at least as long as the car is new.

If you look closely though, you can see where corners have been cut. If you take the seats, the top part (the part that you rest your bum on) is made out of artificial leather. But the rest is all cloth.

The dash looks "shape"..but A/C vents and stuff are quite similar to the BAIC X25.

The entertainment system comes with Apple CarPlay support but not Android Auto (weird).

There is decent legroom at the back, plus some decent luggage space.

Since the car is new, my colleague was getting around 7.2 kmpl. So it is likely that with time, fuel consumption might settle in the 7-8 kmpl range.

What I cannot comment on are the mechanics (didn't get a chance to pop the hood). Lots of folks here on AL have also raised concerns about the really bad quality of aftersales service provided by the agent, so that's something to think about.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, YoungGrasshopper said:

Hi guys,

So a colleague at work got delivery of his new MG ZS on Friday (Drove it to work on Tuesday). Of course, everyone was complimenting him on the looks of the vehicle, since appearance wise, you can;t get anything like it for LKR 5 mil.

I didn't have a chance to go for a drive, but I did manage to hop in and have a look around (My colleague got the 1L 3 Cyl Turbo).

Based on first looks, it looks pretty good...to the untrained eye. An average person will not notice anything negative, at least as long as the car is new.

If you look closely though, you can see where corners have been cut. If you take the seats, the top part (the part that you rest your bum on) is made out of artificial leather. But the rest is all cloth.

The dash looks "shape"..but A/C vents and stuff are quite similar to the BAIC X25.

The entertainment system comes with Apple CarPlay support but not Android Auto (weird).

There is decent legroom at the back, plus some decent luggage space.

Since the car is new, my colleague was getting around 7.2 kmpl. So it is likely that with time, fuel consumption might settle in the 7-8 kmpl range.

What I cannot comment on are the mechanics (didn't get a chance to pop the hood). Lots of folks here on AL have also raised concerns about the really bad quality of aftersales service provided by the agent, so that's something to think about.

Thanks buddy, According to your feed back its fuel consumption figures are almost similar to BAIC X25 .    But some of the reviews claim it to be 14 kmpl ?? 

https://www.motoring.com.au/mg-zs-2018-review-111417/specs/

http://www.carconversation.com.au/reviews/2018-mg-zs-review

Another question comes to my mind is the fuel category to be used.  Euro 4, 5, 6?? Is that available in SL ?

On 7/5/2018 at 9:09 PM, trish_auto said:

Thanks buddy, According to your feed back its fuel consumption figures are almost similar to BAIC X25 .    But some of the reviews claim it to be 14 kmpl ?? 

https://www.motoring.com.au/mg-zs-2018-review-111417/specs/

http://www.carconversation.com.au/reviews/2018-mg-zs-review

Another question comes to my mind is the fuel category to be used.  Euro 4, 5, 6?? Is that available in SL ?

These figures does not work in SL with our road conditions

2 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Any updates on fuel consumption figures ? :rolleyes:

Still waiting for my one. According to current information from existing owners it is 7-10kmpl in colombo and 15-16 kmpl outstation. 

These figures might be vary since engines are still new. But more or less i feel it will be within same range. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2018 at 10:08 PM, Clark'sson said:

If unimo were still the agents i would also go ahead and buy one. But with micro as the agents. Even if it was a japanese its better to avoid.

I have bad experience with Unimo long time back when I ordered Viva Elite. They say some BS about the delivery day.

I don't think people are satisfied b'cos of the dealer they are happy because of the quality of the vehicle for the price payed. But I have to give credit to a person in service & parts department, if i'm not mistaken his name was Randhika (if any Viva owners see this post pls correct me if I got the name wrong). He was an honest and helpful person. Just my personal experience. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MG2018 said:

Still waiting for my one. According to current information from existing owners it is 7-10kmpl in colombo and 15-16 kmpl outstation. 

These figures might be vary since engines are still new. But more or less i feel it will be within same range. 

Thanks mate, please keep update us. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 6:54 PM, matroska said:

If Micro became the Toyota agent then you should avoid even buying a Toyota ? I thought someone else was doing MG oh well another brand then to avoid like the plague

HI why do you say this? Bad experience with Micro I am assuming?

21 minutes ago, Sachinkc said:

HI why do you say this? Bad experience with Micro I am assuming?

well I personally know a few people who had trouble with Micro and Ssangyong - plus this forum is full of such horror stories. Look most agents in SL are cr*p. Un**** M***** are a bit ok in my experience .

• Like 2