• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying BMW E34 or 520i Guide..

Shan30lk

Dear Experts and readers, 

I want to to whether buying following car(I dont know the model and I hv not used a bmw before) is worth or not, my main concern is resale value and repair cost for current condition... I can get it for 0.9 million. All  ideas are much appreciated

Thank you very much

IMG-0b268cb86ec33c53467aebd23104ddba-V.jpg

IMG-70cb5421cb5540b8c124da54edb35b46-V.jpg

IMG-5ff6c7c91545de7b2b97031eab9fdfb1-V.jpg

IMG-0d5e3927fece7b53ed615414af8d274e-V.jpg

IMG-2c8954fce687bf9beae01c1923442a6f-V.jpg

IMG-b9fd7c218fab3e1ebc1425647675162c-V.jpg

Edited by Shan30lk
model correction

Well if you are thinking about

Resale value repair cost and the current condition you shouldnt buy this unless you were talking about the green one parked next to it. The bajaj re 2stroke. Which ticks all your boxes.

Anyways seeing this i had a small day dream fantasy of what i could do to it. But with the time i have its just a fantasy like having a night out with Ava Taylor

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2018 at 9:33 AM, Clark'sson said:

Well if you are thinking about

Resale value repair cost and the current condition you shouldnt buy this unless you were talking about the green one parked next to it. The bajaj re 2stroke. Which ticks all your boxes.

Anyways seeing this i had a small day dream fantasy of what i could do to it. But with the time i have its just a fantasy like having a night out with Ava Taylor

As I asked about resale value, u better check the price I ve mentioned in the post. Engine is in good running condition. There are only minor repairs of body work , paint and interior.. so considering those, will it be worth....?

0.9 mil +body rep+interior

Are you sure you want this ? I am not a BMW connoisseur but from what I have learnt from my close friends is

a. do not buy a BMW because it is cheap

b. do not buy one unless it has been well taken care of

c. do not buy one because it is cheap

d do not buy one because it is cheap

On the surface, yes the engine might seem to work the gearbox would seem to work; but you have no idea what evil gremlins lie within. Fixing these properly will cost you dearly. In fact you probably could find a well maintained and restored one for the same total cost.

In fact, the above applies to all cars.

So....unless you are ready to do a full ground up restoration perhaps even by sourcing a donor car; do not buy it.   

• Thanks 2

Interior seems good apart from the steering and the gear knob

What is the year if it is post 92 it may have the M50 TU which is one of the best engines

If all electrics are working and the engine and the gearbox is good it might be a good buy. Check for rust in usual places

From the pics it looks like it has been neglected

• Thanks 1

I mean neglected not molested, if the car is original and not tampered with you can replace the parts that can easily be sourced from ebay. Do agree it will be a long painful and expensive process.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi,

First question is the reg paper in order with the details of the seller as the owner?

is the a/c working? ( cooling nicely)  

get the ca checked at a garage who deals with euro cars or the dealer.GET A SEPARATE QUOTE FOR THE BODYWORK.

get a suitable discount on price, 

not practical as a daily driver .

Good luck,.

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

This car was(I think still is) in the peoples leasing yard in maradana, that was back in 2010. Guess they never sold it. They used to quote 800,000. Had some work to be done. Buy it and retsore it. But at first it will not be a daily. Ask for 500,000. Because if its not sold for so many years, it means they will gladly let go. Have atleast anothe 500k in hand for restoration. Was a good car, fully loaded too. Rare. But its not a cheap BMW to pose around(for now ? )

Just found a old pic. Called the guy at the yard.said its was sold some time back. Actually there was 2 very similar looking cars. Sad to see 18-8006 has gotten nastier. Owner seems to have taken the rare and valuable parts out. Notice the alloy wheels it has now? Crappy.. @Octanehead any info about the current info on these? 

8851302E-9B12-42B6-B4C2-4A7FD8CC081E.png