• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premium car with good fual consumption

SanuA2

Im going to buy my first car.A Kid for the car world. Im looking a car that has a premium look with good fual consumption. I have an rough idea about audi a1 Sportback 2017.

Is that a good vehicle for the price with my demand  ? 

Any other suggesions with my demand ? 

Price should below 60

how is your driving skills/experience?  It would be a bad idea to wreck your "Premium" Audi, better start with a used one with some maintenance on the way. you can learn about cars,and go premium once you are more comfortable.

• Like 2

This is like asking 'I want Mia Khalifa to be my wife and she should do all the housework too'

Seriously, you won't get a premium car with good fuel economy. period.

As for A1. Go to a car sale and ask them to park an A1 an an Alto side by side. You will find that the A1 is only an inch or two bigger than the alto and the alto actually looks better.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ajm said:

how is your driving skills/experience?  It would be a bad idea to wreck your "Premium" Audi, better start with a used one with some maintenance on the way. you can learn about cars,and go premium once you are more comfortable.

Do you have any suggesion  ? 

50 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

You will find that the A1 is only an inch or two bigger than the alto and the alto actually looks better.

yes it's quite possibly to be misled by size. Inside though the Alto has no electronic adjustable suspension,el power steering,ABS, ESP, Airbags, Speedometer until 200+kmph or even a Euro NCAP safety rating.?

1 hour ago, vag2 said:

yes it's quite possibly to be misled by size. Inside though the Alto has no electronic adjustable suspension,el power steering,ABS, ESP, Airbags, Speedometer until 200+kmph or even a Euro NCAP safety rating.?

I beleive this is the Japanese alto mate currently trending:rolleyes: 

12 hours ago, vag2 said:

1. I'm talking about japanese alto

2. You are totally missing the point here. One of the key factors to determine a car whether is 'premium' or not, is spaciousness.

3. Just because the speedo is up to 200 doesn't mean that the car can travel at 200. The actual top speed may be delimited to around 150 or even less.

4 hours ago, Crosswind said:

1. I'm talking about japanese alto

2. You are totally missing the point here. One of the key factors to determine a car whether is 'premium' or not, is spaciousness.

3. Just because the speedo is up to 200 doesn't mean that the car can travel at 200. The actual top speed may be delimited to around 150 or even less.

Drive both A1 and Alto and feel the difference in terms of comfort, driving pleasure, performance, features and quality. Premium determines based on brand value, quality, performance, safety, technology & comfort.  Audi A1 globally consider as premium luxury car in small car category. Comparing Alto with A1 is like comparing a Donkey with a Horse.

http://carsalesbase.com/european-sales-2017-premium-compact-segment/

well its actually a premium-compact is an important market segment in Europe. Almost similar to kei-car market in japan where some household with an A6 station wagon would have an A1 as a second car for the teenage kids or for small chores in the crowded city. It started kicking off after the 2008 financial crisis. Not sure how Sri Lankan consumers will accept this trend,with the"bigger is better" mentality.

Edited by ajm

4 hours ago, Crosswind said:

. Just because the speedo is up to 200 doesn't mean that the car can travel at 200. The actual top speed may be delimited to around 150 or even less

eh,not sure I got the point bro.

the top speed on the speedometer is not necessary defined by the engine power,but also if the car is built to be able to handle that speed safely with low load(ex: going downhill) And the A1 has better acceleration than the Alto, which is also a reason for the"premium" price. If only size ( or legroom ,no of seats) defines premium , a Prius will be more premium than a 911.

Edited by vag2

47 minutes ago, ajm said:

Not sure how Sri Lankan consumers will accept this trend,with the"bigger is better" mentality.

looking at all the tiny kei's infesting the roads I'm not sure if there is actually such a mentality in SL - I'd rather say it's more of a 'Whatever Trending is better' is the current Sri Lankan mentality . Otherwise who in their right minds would pay 4.5 million for a 1000CC Vitz ???

The current demand for A1's  and turbo laden Civics is because of the engine size based tax. Let's say the old reduced tax rule for hybrids is introduced then those Audi fans will magically convert to Gold-badge vezel buying fans. 

Majority of these buyers don't know jack$hit about what segment A1 belongs to or anything - they just know that it's a reputed brand and they can finally buy an Audi for 6 mill regardless heck i'm pretty sure 60% of folks looking at buying an A1 don't even know where it's from :D 

2 hours ago, ChamaraW said:

Drive both A1 and Alto and feel the difference in terms of comfort, driving pleasure, performance, features and quality. Premium determines based on brand value, quality, performance, safety, technology & comfort.  Audi A1 globally consider as premium luxury car in small car category. Comparing Alto with A1 is like comparing a Donkey with a Horse.

:D:D:D how on earth did this become an alto vs A1 dicussion ....  I'm pretty sure  @Crosswind s point was not comparing an A1 with an Alto - but bringing out the fact for 6 mill you can get something better than an A1 :D 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, Deshanbro said:

I'm owning A1.. When you are looking to buy A1 please ride it....... Once u ride it you feel the difference..... Before riding no point discussing in forums 

You mean we should buy first and then decide later!? I’ve been getting that the wrong way round my whole life. That’s probably why I’m such a miserable wretch.

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2019 at 2:47 PM, GayanR said:

Allion 260,Premio 260

The fact that Sri Lankans consider the Allipn/Premio 260 "Premium" just makes me want to go on a bloody rampage and makes me have no hope for SL...

No..Allion/Premio is a large-sized compact car that is designed to get you from A to B economically with modest creature comfort . Toyota's entry level premium car is/was the Camry, Mark X (and perhaps the actual 2.0L Premio G range..which didn't sell well as people went for the Mark X instead).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iRage said:

The fact that Sri Lankans consider the Allipn/Premio 260 "Premium" just makes me want to go on a bloody rampage and makes me have no hope for SL...

No..Allion/Premio is a large-sized compact car that is designed to get you from A to B economically with modest creature comfort . Toyota's entry level premium car is/was the Camry, Mark X (and perhaps the actual 2.0L Premio G range..which didn't sell well as people went for the Mark X instead).

What to do.Given the toyotas in sri lanka it is the highest common model we can get at least with decent comfort.