• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Honda FRV 2006 from the UK to SL

Nandos123321

Hi, I live in the UK and have citizenship in both the UK and SL, I own my private land in both SL and in the UK, I travel to SL at least once a year and I was wondering if it would be possible to import my 2006 Honda FRV 2.2 litre diesel to Sri Lanka for my private use, I have owned this car for over 3 years and it is in perfect running condition, I have read that apparently Sri Lanka doesn't accept cars that are over 6 years old apparently? I would like to know if this is true and if not, how much roughly do you think they would tax my car for at the customs? I have tried the SL customs website however it doesn't say anything about this.

Thanks...

Hi Nandos

Actually the age limit for car imports is 3 years. Unfortunately you can't import your car to SL...you could try briging it under a carnet permit but in that case you can legally keep the car in SL only for a small period of time. You can try asking for special permission...some people who returned (permenantly) have done that. If you have to pay taxes it will be exorbitant. Your 11 year old car will be taxed as much as a brand new car. To be honest, for the same cost I believe you can buy a decent car in SL.