• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ChamaraW

5 hours ago, ChamaraW said:

Hi All,

I am planning to buy an Audi A1 Sportsback 1000cc Turbo Car. Appreciate if you can share your experience and thoughts on that model. Thanks in advance.

Did you happen to own an Allion 240, by any chance?

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 8:54 AM, vag2 said:

why do you want to buy an A1(Design,Privilege,Driving Dynamics...)?

i just got one. tbh the car hit a nice sweet spot in terms of design and cost.  i thought even the interior is significantly better than the equivalent Japanese vehicles that are around the same price range. driving wise the car seemed alright in the urban setting cant tell about outside the city.

yes its a city car for young people who want a premium touch. Highway should be okay even upto 150kmph. Does the suspension have Upper AND Lower Control-arms like the bigger Audis or just regular shock absorbers with coils(like Jap)? That would decide pretty much the handling and ride comfort.

Edited by vag2

22 minutes ago, vag2 said:

yes its a city car for young people who want a predmium touch. Highway should be okay even upto 150kmph. Does the suspension have Upper AND Lower Control-arms like the bigger Audis or just regular shock absorbers with coils(like Jap)? That would decide pretty much the handling and ride comfort.

not sure but the car has two suspension settings sports and dynamic. sports is much stiffer than dynamic

18 hours ago, dantoddd said:

i just got one. tbh the car hit a nice sweet spot in terms of design and cost.  i thought even the interior is significantly better than the equivalent Japanese vehicles that are around the same price range. driving wise the car seemed alright in the urban setting cant tell about outside the city.

How is handling, performance and fuel efficiency?

On 4/27/2018 at 3:13 PM, ChamaraW said:

How is handling, performance and fuel efficiency?

I've mostly commuted to work, driving between the moratuwa area and Colombo 10 area. Fuel efficiency is about 11-12 Km/l in traffic.

Can't really comment on handling but the vehicle is quite nippy at Colombo traffic speeds. It hits 70+ within a couple of seconds and the brakes are very good.

• Like 1