• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for a first car for 2.3 million.

Teena_94

Question

Hi all,

I'm planning on buying my first car and need your advice on suitable and available options. 

Budget : 2 - 2.3 million

Preferred models : hatchbacks but please suggest other suitable options

Traveling : the daily commute will be close to 100 km with about 60 Km on the highway. With a monthly roundtrip of about 350 km. (Approx 2850 km a month)

Good fuel economy is a cruicial.

Really appreciate your suggestions.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Teena_94 said:

Hi all,

I'm planning on buying my first car and need your advice on suitable and available options. 

Traveling : the daily commute will be close to 100 km with about 60 Km on the highway. With a monthly roundtrip of about 350 km. (Approx 2850 km a month)

A perodua Viva elite? you can get a low milage one in good condition for that budget. Don't expect aqua-like fuel figures.

3 hours ago, Teena_94 said:

Hi all,

Thank you for joining Crosswind's math class. Here's the first lesson.

You will travel 100km a day for 25 working days. 60% of it will be on the highway.

So you will be driving 1,500km on the highway and 1,350km on ordinary roads.

Let's also assume that a litre of petrol costs 140

Let's take car X - something like a gas guzzling Mazda Familia. It will do 9kmpl on ordinary roads and 12kmpl on the highway. You will spend 275 litres of petrol a month. That will cost you 38,500 a month for fuel.

Homework 1: Calculate how the number 38,500 was achieved.

Let's take car Y - something like a Suzuki Celery-o or a Nestomalt Elite, which will do 12kmpl on ordinary roads and 16kmpl on the highway. You will spend about 207 litres of petrol, which will cost you 28,980 per month

Homework 2: Calculate how the number 28,950 was achieved.

For your driving requirement, you will save 10,000 a month by going for a car that will be stingy on fuel. What you really need to think, is whether the saving of 10k a month justifiable. If you think that's the right approach, within your budget, you can get a Nestomalt Elite, Suzuki Celery-o, Bulto, Wagon AAAR (Yindiyan one not the Japanese one). If not, there are nicer cars such as Mazda Familia within that budget.

A noteworthy mention is Fiat Punto. Punto's fuel figures are almost the same as Bultos and Elites. Plus you get italian looks and comfort.

• Like 4

You are traveling 100km per day and its around 35 000km per year.

The indian altos and bultos will be finished within 2-3 years of such use and dont expect the viva to do much better. It will be hard to keep up with highway speeds with the indians which will lead you todrive like vin diesel and lose all your hair during that 2years just to maintain at 100kmph and it will be a strain on the car causing premature wear. On top of it consider the pain on the spine. FYI Spinal surgery costs around 1million.

All in all its better to get an old good condition japanese european or korean sedan not being so convern about the fuel economy. And i also doubt that those above cars will do 16on the highway in actual life.

If you actually cant afford the extra  Rs.10 000 when you are travelling 3000km per month. you are better off using an other method of transport. Because in the end you will wear off the small car and be spending much more on maintainence. 

Carpooling is an option. If not arrange to take a coworker with you deviding the fuel bill etc..

• Like 2