• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is corollo 110 Riviere is still a good car

CBR_**

Question

Hi guys,

This is my first comment on this site but i have followed this site for long time and it has been very usefull.

Guys help me out with this, Im planing to buy corolla 110 riviere version. I want to know whether is this car still good, how the fuel consumpsion and so on . Plz help me guys. 

1 answer to this question

49 minutes ago, CBR_** said:

Hi guys,

This is my first comment on this site but i have followed this site for long time and it has been very usefull.

Guys help me out with this, Im planing to buy corolla 110 riviere version. I want to know whether is this car still good, how the fuel consumpsion and so on . Plz help me guys. 

Welcome to the forum !

For starters you are talking about a car model that is 18 to 23 years old ! After getting used for all these years how good the car is depends on how it was used by its previous owners. With age and use things like the engine and gearbox get worn out which effects things like fuel efficiency. OKay the REVIERE was released around 2000 so its about 18 years old.

When the car was new, yes, it was a good car...solidly built with engine and drive train compoents that were solidly built and proven to be really durable in previous Corollas and other Toyota models. The Reviere was a special commenration model so it got a bit of a few extras on top of the standard SE Saloon accessories (mist clearing side mirrors, plated door handles and badges, fake wood panels, etc...)The interior finish of course was a bit of a let down compared to the E100 series Corolla (that Corolla was seriously over engineered because the chief engineer wanted a small segment Lexus LS).

Its durability is also its problem. Over the last 18 to 25 years the car would have gone through several owners. Most of these owners buy the car for its "fuel efficiency" and "cheapness" to maintain. As a result a lot of these cars were not properly maintained and yet the cars keep working. So there are a lot of these cars around that are made to look shiny just to sell it off. On top of that they ask for ridiculous prices for a car that is so so old....especially for something like a Reviere because of the plated badges, and door handles, etc...

So yes..the E110 Corolla (Reviere or any other grade) was a good car. 25 years later whether the car is good depends on the condition of the car. Buying one of these cars is a tough call because of the prices they go for and the effort involved in finding a good unit.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 4