• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggestions for the first car

cyrexsl

Hi Experts(All except me :)),

I am planing to buy my first car in near future and I want expert suggestions in that attempt. My budget is around 2.3M which is kind of a low one but looking for a good second-hand car as my first vehicle. I would highly appreciate your guide and tip on that. Ground clearance in one of my concerns since I might have to go outstation frequently. Please help me on this. 

Thanks in Advance :).

Welcome to the forum !

Unfortuantely you need to be a little bit more specific than ground clearance and going outstation. Will it be a family car ? a Bachelor car ? Do you prefer sedans, hatchbacks, wagons ? and the list goes on...

30 minutes ago, iRage said:

Welcome to the forum !

Unfortuantely you need to be a little bit more specific than ground clearance and going outstation. Will it be a family car ? a Bachelor car ? Do you prefer sedans, hatchbacks, wagons ? and the list goes on...

Thanks for the reply, It should be a family car and I preferred a hatch-back(auto). A car with 160mm GC is comfortably going in the route I mentioned. Since this is my first car, it would be great to have a hassle-free one with repairs and all. 

5 minutes ago, cyrexsl said:

Thanks for the reply, It should be a family car and I preferred a hatch-back(auto). A car with 160mm GC is comfortably going in the route I mentioned. Since this is my first car, it would be great to have a hassle-free one with repairs and all. 

Chevy Cruze/ Suzuki Swift Ignis  should be up your alley  if you're ok with a car that is 14-15 years old.  Maintenance is fairly simple. And i think ground clearance is 170mm. Have a 2004 Cruze in the family since 2014 and apart from a steering rack repair that came quite soon after it was bought it has given zero trouble

2 minutes ago, matroska said:

Chevy Cruze/ Suzuki Swift Ignis  should be up your alley  if you're ok with a car that is 14-15 years old.  Maintenance is fairly simple. And i think ground clearance is 170mm. Have a 2004 Cruze in the family since 2014 and apart from a steering rack repair that came quite soon after it was bought it has given zero trouble

Thanks for the tips. How about a Japan beetle type Swift (2006/2007) which I believe I can satisfy with the GC. What I do not know is the maintenance cost / effort and fuel consumption of it. And may be know defects of the car. Any idea about these please?

19 minutes ago, cyrexsl said:

Thanks for the tips. How about a Japan beetle type Swift (2006/2007) which I believe I can satisfy with the GC. What I do not know is the maintenance cost / effort and fuel consumption of it. And may be know defects of the car. Any idea about these please?

get the ground clearance checked out - i don't think it's as high as the swift ignis/cruze ...overall it's a nice car.

Fuel consumption should be around 10 kmpl ,has a very peppy engine and quite fun to drive It's a much more fun vehicle to drive than the Cruze/Ignis  ....on the down side what i felt is rear seats are a bit cramped and has minimal luggage space.

19 hours ago, matroska said:

get the ground clearance checked out - i don't think it's as high as the swift ignis/cruze ...overall it's a nice car.

Fuel consumption should be around 10 kmpl ,has a very peppy engine and quite fun to drive It's a much more fun vehicle to drive than the Cruze/Ignis  ....on the down side what i felt is rear seats are a bit cramped and has minimal luggage space.

If we get Chevrolet Cruze, what will be the fuel consumption of it? and comparatively what is the best (overall) between Swift Beetle (2004/5) vs Chevrolet Cruze (2004/5). Please let me know your ideas. 

Edited by cyrexsl

2 hours ago, cyrexsl said:

If we get Chevrolet Cruze, what will be the fuel consumption of it? and comparatively what is the best (overall) between Swift Beetle (2004/5) vs Chevrolet Cruze (2004/5). Please let me know your ideas. 

Cruze will do around 9-10KMPL (city/suburbs)  fuel-consumption wise both will be roughly similar but given these cars are now quite old exact fuel figures will differ but generally expect something around 10KMPL. 

The better car of the two will depend on your requirement - if you constantly drive on bad roads and have a bit of cargo to haul you will appreciate the cruze/ignis's additional height as well as the better cargo capacity -if your thing is a more  snazzy ride which is a bit more fun to drive then you can go for the swift beetle. 

Edited by matroska

Thanks @matroska , one of my friend suggested me to go for a reconditioned Daihatsu Mira. My concern is about the engine capacity. It is a 660 cc mild-hybrid one. How about this example, with that engine, can I go to "Nuwara Eliya" with 5 pax in that car without any hesitation or trouble? Please guide me on this. 

2 hours ago, cyrexsl said:

Thanks @matroska , one of my friend suggested me to go for a reconditioned Daihatsu Mira. My concern is about the engine capacity. It is a 660 cc mild-hybrid one. How about this example, with that engine, can I go to "Nuwara Eliya" with 5 pax in that car without any hesitation or trouble? Please guide me on this. 

Is this a regular drive if so better get a bigger car