• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz

Buddhika Aruna

Question

Hi guys, I'm a new user for this site. I'm using a Toyota Vitz ksp90 2008 with a mileage of 77380km. 
There is an abnormal sound coming from engine and a vibrating feeling when i put gear into either D or R. It's doesn't always happen with brake, but it's slightly reduced when I turn the a/c off. This does not happen when being driven, at N or P.

Spark plugs changed were bought at Toyota Lanka, injectors, throttle body cleaned and air filter changed from a guy at delkanda pola road. But there is no reduction in either of those problems.

Can it occur because of a faulty engine mount?

Please give your expertise ideas on this and a reliable & reasonable place to sort out this problem

I'm from Maharagama

4 answers to this question

Yes it's most probably the engine mounts, more specifically it probably is your gel mount. The 1kr just loves to vibrate, engine mounts do fail much faster than in a 4 pot in these. The fact that it doesnt happen on P and N confirms it, there is no load on the engine in N.
The gel mount is the one on top on the driver side. Check it physically and see if it's broken or not squishy.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk