• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Confusion of buying Daihatsu Mira Es 2018 or suzuki wagon r stingrays 2018

Shaa

Question

I have budget of 2.5 to 3 million and I am more concern about higher fuel efficiency, higher safety, part availability, less repair & after selling capability among daihatsu Mira 2018 and stingrays 2018. Please guid me to select one from this 2 vehicle or any other better one.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L21 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

11 answers to this question

Both these cars are flooding the market in SL so most of your concerns are not a concern. Resale demand, well that is a bit hard to say just yet because these cars have just hit the market so there are far more unregistered cars than registered/used ones. At the end of the day if the car is well maintained and one asks for a reasonable and honest price there will be someone always be willing to buy it. There have been a few threads discussing the pros and cons of these models so please search the threads/forum.

Both these cars are flooding the market in SL so most of your concerns are not a concern. Resale demand, well that is a bit hard to say just yet because these cars have just hit the market so there are far more unregistered cars than registered/used ones. At the end of the day if the car is well maintained and one asks for a reasonable and honest price there will be someone always be willing to buy it. There have been a few threads discussing the pros and cons of these models so please search the threads/forum.

Thank you very much for your advice finally I bought daihatsu mira ES G grade 2018 model brand new directly imported from Japan now I am using it since 3 weeks and I am really happy about the vehicle as I was initially was doubtful on my selection over wagon r stingray. The fuel efficiency and the available features of the vehicle is better than I expected and Luckly I brought it before tax increase. Thanks again.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L21 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Congrats on your new car ! Feel free to post some pics of it :)

In Japan the Wagon R is not that popular because there are plenty of other kei car models that are much better. In Sl it is popular because of the whole Hybrid tax system.

Also, there are plenty of Japanese sources out there for ideas on how to customize your kei car...if you ever et the urge to :D

48 minutes ago, nuwanmja said:

can anyone recommend good place to buy MIRA.ES 2018.

the mileage mentioned on odometer in imported reconditioned vehicles true ? 

Is st*line warranty worth ?

[1] I don't think it's good to promote a particular business as it's against the forum rules. Best bet is to talk to your friends who imported  a car and contact someone who arranges personal imports.

[2] Can be true can be false. you really can't say.

[3] far as i know this is a warranty given from a particular garage - who do a couple of labour-free services (you have to pay for materials) and a 'warranty' that covers only engine and gearbox (something that is very unlikely to fail within the warranty period) - in other situations for example  : if your AC stops working after a couple of months - you will find out that it's not covered by the warranty.

P.S : a colleague who imported a new car and had the warranty from the above mentioned place went there for his 'free' service this week  and found out the specified engine oil for his car is NOT available at the place :D 

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, nuwanmja said:

can anyone recommend good place to buy MIRA.ES 2018.

the mileage mentioned on odometer in imported reconditioned vehicles true ? 

Is st*line warranty worth ?

The truth is this mate, cars at mileages below 10000 ranging to 30-40000km go for much higher prices at auctions, just take a look at listings in some Japanese sites, 

you yourself add the duty and the cif/ handling values, you ll see that the cost of the car in the island will be higher than what you can buy locally, thereby implying they buy lower grade cars for lesser cost, fix it up and send em, sell em

and auction documents are forged.

truth is most real low mileage cars are r grade cars, and the rest are all tampered mileages locally and in Japan itself. Few personal import vendors are good in that aspect though, but really rare.

the fact is an average Japanese car can easily run about 200000km now even with very little care, and being japs most do take minimal care at least, and being Japan the service tech and materials are far better and running conditions are far better.

bottom line a 120000km jdm car run in Japan will most likely be in better nick than a 45000km car in Sri Lanka 

Edited by tiv

51 minutes ago, matroska said:

[1] I don't think it's good to promote a particular business as it's against the forum rules. Best bet is to talk to your friends who imported  a car and contact someone who arranges personal imports.

[2] Can be true can be false. you really can't say.

[3] far as i know this is a warranty given from a particular garage - who do a couple of labour-free services (you have to pay for materials) and a 'warranty' that covers only engine and gearbox (something that is very unlikely to fail within the warranty period) - in other situations for example  : if your AC stops working after a couple of months - you will find out that it's not covered by the warranty.

P.S : a colleague who imported a new car and had the warranty from the above mentioned place went there for his 'free' service this week  and found out the specified engine oil for his car is NOT available at the place :D 

thank you very much

36 minutes ago, tiv said:

The truth is this mate, cars at mileages below 10000 ranging to 30-40000km go for much higher prices at auctions, just take a look at listings in some Japanese sites, 

you yourself add the duty and the cif/ handling values, you ll see that the cost of the car in the island will be higher than what you can buy locally, thereby implying they buy lower grade cars for lesser cost, fix it up and send em, sell em

and auction documents are forged.

truth is most real low mileage cars are r grade cars, and the rest are all tampered mileages locally and in Japan itself. Few personal import vendors are good in that aspect though, but really rare.

the fact is an average Japanese car can easily run about 200000km now even with very little care, and being japs most do take minimal care at least, and being Japan the service tech and materials are far better and running conditions are far better.

bottom line a 120000km jdm car run in Japan will most likely be in better nick than a 45000km car in Sri Lanka 

thank you very much