• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda n-box OR Suzuki Spacia custom Z

Maduranga.

Honda n-box or Suzuki spacia custom z  

4 members have voted

1. 1. what is the reliable , valuable , resealable and coolest one

• Honda N-box
    • Suzuki Spacia custom Z

hey guys,
let me get straight to the point , what is the most valuable , reliable , resealable  and finally important thing coolest one from above kei cars,
i know basic stuff that spacia mild hybrid and so on but dont mind to remind me again anything and others can learn too,, and i would like anyone to post their idea on both , pro con anything , just leave a comment if you see this and know anything like tips for buying etc, again huge help. safe motoring to all :):) 
thanks in advance. ;);) 

The above poll is not really fair....the coolest might not necessarily be the one that people blindly run after and the one that people run after might not necessarily be the nicer car.

Apart from the basic stuff tat you have looked in to....I personally find the Honda keis a bit more refine than the Suzukis in terms of materials used and the way the engine and the whole driving experience feels. Somehow the Spacia feels like a toy when you are sitting in it. The dashboard is way too busy like its trying to hard to be tech packed, etc...The NBox on the other hand is easier on the eyes..the seats have a much better feel (especially the rear)

What "looks" cooler is a matter of personal preference. The Spacia Custom reminds me of a beaver....the N-One reminds me of a LEGO man...the N Box Custom looks a bit fancier.

So..yeah...

6 hours ago, iRage said:

The above poll is not really fair....the coolest might not necessarily be the one that people blindly run after and the one that people run after might not necessarily be the nicer car.

Apart from the basic stuff tat you have looked in to....I personally find the Honda keis a bit more refine than the Suzukis in terms of materials used and the way the engine and the whole driving experience feels. Somehow the Spacia feels like a toy when you are sitting in it. The dashboard is way too busy like its trying to hard to be tech packed, etc...The NBox on the other hand is easier on the eyes..the seats have a much better feel (especially the rear)

What "looks" cooler is a matter of personal preference. The Spacia Custom reminds me of a beaver....the N-One reminds me of a LEGO man...the N Box Custom looks a bit fancier.

So..yeah...

dont mind my ignorance ,, is honda new cars reliable as  decades ago? (in this case kei cars??), let me describe  reliable  here, older generation  used to say if you buy a honda its enough for a life time (quality of the product) and i still see old honda cd 70 s running in rural areas like bulls :) and they over loaded :o ,, 

i prefer the honda too but since spacia mild hybrid, there is a tax reduction ,but i wound mind to go for a quality. its good to compare and choose and my importer waiting for my decision , since im noob i research using any resource , i have few questions could you give me anything on those plz
1. as above new honda kei cars in good quality like in old days ? lets forget spacia for a moment :) 
2. i live close to capital, but is spare parts available for honda n box? spacia is already a hit so i think its not a prob.
3.does honda has an authorized service center in SL like toyota does? (is it stafford?)
4.what about resell value? i mean demand? 

***ya coolest word is irrelevant, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;) 

16 hours ago, Maduranga. said:

dont mind my ignorance ,, is honda new cars reliable as  decades ago? (in this case kei cars??), let me describe  reliable  here, older generation  used to say if you buy a honda its enough for a life time (quality of the product) and i still see old honda cd 70 s running in rural areas like bulls :) and they over loaded :o ,, 

i prefer the honda too but since spacia mild hybrid, there is a tax reduction ,but i wound mind to go for a quality. its good to compare and choose and my importer waiting for my decision , since im noob i research using any resource , i have few questions could you give me anything on those plz
1. as above new honda kei cars in good quality like in old days ? lets forget spacia for a moment :) 
2. i live close to capital, but is spare parts available for honda n box? spacia is already a hit so i think its not a prob.
3.does honda has an authorized service center in SL like toyota does? (is it stafford?)

1. don't know about Kei's but yeah Hondas are fairly ok in reliability - but don't expect the 90's level of just pump petrol and drive kind of usage from modern cars be it honda suzuki or toyota - newer Japanese cars require a little more attention than what came in the 90's

2. No idea on this but there's a fair amount of Nboxs on the roads now so I don't think  it will be a problem

3. Yes it's stafford - they have 3 service centers  in Maradana. JaEla and somewhere around boralesgamuwa JaEla doesn't do any repairs but does only the regular services.

4. Can't predict. With the influx of 660CC keis (they are everywhere) that's gonna be a crowded market segment don't expect to sell with a profit - simply won't happen. 

P.S: personally i find the spacia hideous to look at - If i ever brought one i'm afraid i'd have nightmares seeing its face the Nbox on the other hand looks ok :D 

Edited by matroska
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Maduranga. said:

All I can say is the same as what Matroska has stated.

Modern day cars are reliable but you can't expect 80s/90s kind of over the top reliability and over engineering from any manufacturers these days. Its partly also due to the fact that the way people buy cars and for what has also evolved....

As for parts availability....don't forget people had the same concern when the Wagon Rs started coming in. As the segment gets more affordable there will be more people buying it and thus parts coming in.  Even if it doesn't, parts required for general/pre-emptive maintenance and symptomatic issues you can always plan ahead and get it brought down. 

• Thanks 1