• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajero Computer body

pmanu

On 4/24/2018 at 9:11 AM, Magnum said:

In addition to what Mini Cooper mentioned, I have read in a Pajero group that the 4D56 is more realiable than the 4M40. Also, the power difference is minor.

These aren't my first hand experience but instead comments of Pajero owners 

There is a noticeable power difference, and with 4M41 which I notice almost daily

• Like 1

20 hours ago, peugeot407 said:

I think that law was repealed with the introduction of new license. Now a person with ordinary DL can drive a vehicle upto a 7 seater irrespective of the registration class. 

didn't know that. However, still the same market perception is there for 61- vehicles. For some odd reason SUVs registered as dual purpose vehicles (50 series) has a less market value as well. Strange but anyone who doesn't give two hoots about it can enjoy a good ride for somewhat lesser. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for the feedbacks. Really appreciate.  Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.  Had a quite a busy month. 

Current situation : 
 During last few weeks went to check more than a dozen of pajs. And now I m about to give up the hunt. Learn't some hard lessons about SL market though.
For most of the jeeps its a total mystery when it comes to the history of the vehicle. Most of them were bought from Police auctions and then fitted with a new body.
One was there which had it's roof cut and flatten so it looks like an intercooler but not a Computer anymore?(Don't know if this is legal).
One had 12 f**ing owners before the current one. And even the one who is using it now and offerred to sell is having it with open papers from the previous. 
Couple of days after I've been at this car sale to check a paj which was posted online, Car sale owner called me(He asked a lot of qs while I was at his sale and hence he knew my profession) and told if I'd show him how to use eeprom programmer(he already had one) for both smds and typical ics to update mileage of vehicles, he'll give me a discount of 2.5 lakhs for the pajero.(I declined) 

And to make my quest awesome, there was this guy who claimed that he can arrange me one by cutting a SWB chassis(short wheel base) pajero in half,weld and extending it to make a LWB and then fitting a LWB body for an extemely cheaper cost. !!:sad-smiley-023: (is that ??....,don't knw what to ask)
Now I'm bit tired of pajeros and having some thought about going for a Rexton(2008) for 4 mil

Still i belive in its reputation and I'd go for it if I can find a reliable one.

Edited by pmanu