• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota VITZ 2018 (Need your opinions, PLEASE!!!)

Mr.Car

Hi friends, 

I have checked the forum to see whether there is any thread regarding this car (Toyota VITZ 2018), However since i did not find satisfactory information or relevant information i am looking for , I would like your feedback here . So please share your knowledge in detail for me to make a wise decision.

I was looking to buy a new car and came across this new Toyota VITZ 2018 model which is really looking great. I went to a car sale to check the car physically than having an idea from pictures, and i really like the car the way it is designed , good boot space, good leg space behind compared to any other cars for that range. It's a 1000cc engine car and it was said it's fuel efficient. The Price goes for about 4.6 million. 

To be honest , as it's toyota , I'm not afraid as it is reliable . However i would like your reviews and opinions before considering purchasing,

I have few questions,

1-Is it worth for 4.6 million? (would it have much depreciation or be a car like coralla 121 which still has demand/high second hand price)Considering the pile up of vehicles in srilanka, the government may increase the tax to avoid personal transport in future which could still keep the price of the car higher.(assumption)   I'm aware that we have to consider the depreciation of cars, It is not an investment , however i want to make sure that it could be easily traded just in case if i want to sell and have less depreciation or better price/Second hand market .    Other factors- please advise

2-Is it fuel efficient  ?

3-Is there any other cars you would recommend to your friend for this price or BELOW? ( New or reconditioned cars .  I wouldn't want to go for a used car for that price range since i don't consider buying used cars for that price range as a worthy option as it could lead to repairs and more stressful situations {advice me if i'm wrong}  

4-If you were to choose the vitz, Would you buy the 2018 model or 2017 or 2016 or 2015 . considering some factors & price (Please mention)

I know i have asked a lot. It's that i want to make an informed decision. Please advice as you would advice your one good friend.  Thank you

1. No....there is not a single car that is actually "worth" its price in SL because of our import duty structure. At the end of the day only you can figure out whether it is worth the price you are paying based on what you will be using it for and for how long. What the probably resale value in X amount of years cannot be predicted without consulting a fortune teller. It is too dependent on our governments' erratic policies and tax structures. However, no matter what happens at the end of the day a well maintained car can always be sold at a reasonable price. On a side note..there is a certain type of person who pays exorbitant prices for a Corolla 121. Just remember that for every 10 of those people there is atleast 1 normal sensible person out there looking for a car.

2.  In Japan the 1KR with idling stop is rated at 24kmpl and the 1KR without idling stop is rated at 21kmpl or something close to that for a JC08 cycle (i.e. 50% usage on highway and 50% in city). In reality it will atleast do 16kmpl and 15ish kmpl in Japan....in SL you are probably looking at a little bit lower. Its really hard to give a specific value in SL because it can change drastically depending on where you live as that effects how much time you will be stuck in traffic. Basically don't buy it expecting to get 24kmpl in city diriving on a daily basis

3. Have you looked in to the new Swift. I believe the 1L turbo charged RSt should fall in to your budget. The 1.3L RS that is a Hybrid seems to be a bit higher than your budget but there seems to be barely used specimens that go closer to your budget. Its a much more exciting car to drive.

Buying a used car is not the end of the world. There are well maintained cars if you are willing to be patient enough to find one. Also, just because a car is "unregistered" and/or has "zero mileage" don't presume that it is going to be trouble free. There are plenty of SL car importers who buy cars that are used for just a few months in Japan  and sold of as "zero mileage" cars after having their mileages tampered with.

There used to be used Mazda 2 sedans for a bit over your budget...no idea if that is possible now.

4. I would not buy one. If I had to buy one I would buy whatever was made after the Safety Sense package was made standard (late 2015 ?)

At the end of the day the current Vitz is a 8 year old platform that has been dressed up in every possible way possible. If I must go for a Vitz I would go for a RS (standard or G's edition) and if money was no issue bid for a GRMN Turbo (they will make only 150 of the new one and will cost 4mil yen...the 3 door which they made a few years ago goes for almost the same price). 

On 4/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, Mr.Car said:

Hi friends, 

I have checked the forum to see whether there is any thread regarding this car (Toyota VITZ 2018), However since i did not find satisfactory information or relevant information i am looking for , I would like your feedback here . So please share your knowledge in detail for me to make a wise decision.

I was looking to buy a new car and came across this new Toyota VITZ 2018 model which is really looking great. I went to a car sale to check the car physically than having an idea from pictures, and i really like the car the way it is designed , good boot space, good leg space behind compared to any other cars for that range. It's a 1000cc engine car and it was said it's fuel efficient. The Price goes for about 4.6 million. 

To be honest , as it's toyota , I'm not afraid as it is reliable . However i would like your reviews and opinions before considering purchasing,

I have few questions,

1-Is it worth for 4.6 million? (would it have much depreciation or be a car like coralla 121 which still has demand/high second hand price)Considering the pile up of vehicles in srilanka, the government may increase the tax to avoid personal transport in future which could still keep the price of the car higher.(assumption)   I'm aware that we have to consider the depreciation of cars, It is not an investment , however i want to make sure that it could be easily traded just in case if i want to sell and have less depreciation or better price/Second hand market .    Other factors- please advise

2-Is it fuel efficient  ?

3-Is there any other cars you would recommend to your friend for this price or BELOW? ( New or reconditioned cars .  I wouldn't want to go for a used car for that price range since i don't consider buying used cars for that price range as a worthy option as it could lead to repairs and more stressful situations {advice me if i'm wrong}  

4-If you were to choose the vitz, Would you buy the 2018 model or 2017 or 2016 or 2015 . considering some factors & price (Please mention)

I know i have asked a lot. It's that i want to make an informed decision. Please advice as you would advice your one good friend.  Thank you

[1] NO. 4.6 for a 1000 CC compact is outrageous. 

[2]  Well you won't get Aqua-like fuel figures just because it has a 1L engine 

[3] What exactly is your requirement? Hatchbacks?Sedans?  Hybrids/non hybrids ? all the talk about older cars = trouble is not quite true it all depends on the previous owners. Usually non mainstream cars are less abused cos their owners usually buy them for a specific reason  and not just to buy a box with 4 wheels that you can sell with a profit.So they actually care for them. 

[4] Whatever is the cheapest - because regardless of being new I don't think the 2018 model has nothing more to offer than its predecessors barring a few cosmetic changes.