• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Stephen

Question

Hello Experts,

1.Please kindly guide me to select one among these cars..

Alto Japan 2017 

Daihatsu Mira 2017

Wagon r fx safety 2017

2. Budget is 2.5- 2.8 milion

3. My purpose is to driver Uber full time

4. Considering fuel economy

Thanks in Advance...

9 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hello Experts,

1.Please kindly guide me to select one among these cars..

Alto Japan 2017 

Daihatsu Mira 2017

Wagon r fx safety 2017

2. Budget is 2.5- 2.8 milion

3. My purpose is to driver Uber full time

4. Considering fuel economy

Thanks in Advance...

AS for Uber context the Wagon R had attained a certain appeal mate 

And in comparison it is the overall better vehicle out of the 3 for your intended purpose 

More details about each are and also comparisons have been discussed in further threads. Take a look 

And in comparison it is the overall better vehicle out of the 3 for your intended purpose 
More details about each are and also comparisons have been discussed in further threads. Take a look 

Thanks for the reply..what if I am choosing in between alto hybrid and Mira es which is better for the fuel consumption?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Stephen said:

Thanks for the reply..what if I am choosing in between alto hybrid and Mira es which is better for the fuel consumption?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Alto does not have a Hybrid variant, it just has ene-charge which just powers up accessories through a regenerative system so reduces a bit of load on the engine....in fact none of the kei cars have a full hybrid variant. 

Edited by iRage

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Alto does not have a Hybrid variant, it just has ene-charge which just powers up accessories through a regenerative system so reduces a bit of load on the engine....in fact none of the kei cars have a full hybrid variant. 

^This.

Alto's ene-charge and the reason why it's not considered a hybrid has been discussed here:

Edited by Hyaenidae

13 hours ago, tiv said:

This is true -out of the lot WagonR gives better fuel figures hence the popularity with the local Uber/p--kme community. 

5 hours ago, iRage said:

The 2017 or 18 Wagon R has some small EV mode, the motor / alternator (ISG) manages to propel it for a certain time. I've seen it on the new stingray ver in my workplace

9 hours ago, tiv said:

The 2017 or 18 Wagon R has some small EV mode, the motor / alternator (ISG) manages to propel it for a certain time. I've seen it on the new stingray ver in my workplace

yes...but that is S-ENE-CHARGE. The Wagon R comes with S-ENE-CHARGE and the alto comes with ENE-CHARGE; ene-charge doesn't do that (help the engine propel) and really doesn't fall in to the category of what people actually refer to as a "hybrid".

The S-ENE-CHARGE system is a mild form of Hybrid but ene-charge isn't. People go around calling it Hybrid and car salesmen call it a Hybrid to sell cars. Then later on people go around dissing the car saying the Alto Hybrid system is bad.

Edited by iRage

21 hours ago, iRage said:

yes...but that is S-ENE-CHARGE. The Wagon R comes with S-ENE-CHARGE and the alto comes with ENE-CHARGE; ene-charge doesn't do that (help the engine propel) and really doesn't fall in to the category of what people actually refer to as a "hybrid".

The S-ENE-CHARGE system is a mild form of Hybrid but ene-charge isn't. People go around calling it Hybrid and car salesmen call it a Hybrid to sell cars. Then later on people go around dissing the car saying the Alto Hybrid system is bad.

Yes but that mode is exclusive only to the stingray 

My new hustler has s ene charge but it doesn't have this ev creep function 

Anyway just to flush my system  had a blast to nuwara eliya in my old smoking 4 pot turbo diesel. Had a blast. 

9 hours ago, tiv said:

Yes but that mode is exclusive only to the stingray 

My new hustler has s ene charge but it doesn't have this ev creep function 

Anyway just to flush my system  had a blast to nuwara eliya in my old smoking 4 pot turbo diesel. Had a blast. 

Yes..but the guy is asking about the Alto ne ? A lot of car salesmen are selling the Alto as a Mild Hybrid....as a result people are going to get disappointed with the model and start saying it is a "failure" because the "Hybrid system" of the Alto doesn't do like a million miles per tank

The motor start off is really not anything to write home about or anything to feel sad about not having. It just pushes the car off a few meters from a stand still and then brings te car to a stop when braking using the motor. When the system was first introduced it didn't get any positive reviews in Japan because the motor assist functions were extremely low and actually kicked in and then out senselessly at lower speeds. Later on Suzuki changed it a bit so that the motor works a bit longer (perhaps now Suzuki feels the pure motor driven push is not sensible ?). Then again Suzuki has been constantly changing their "Hybrid" and eco-drive assist systems over the last few years. Perhaps they are changing the S-ENE-CHARGE system with the ability to introduce the actual "Mild Hybrid" system in their kei cars.