• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan FB12

Priyantha Mahaulpathagama

Question

8 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum "Priyantha". I thought the government gave you a L200 for use after you became a minister. :P 

As for your question, this has been discussed before. You should be able to find more information on the car if you search the forum. Simply put, the three variants are basically changes in the engine that was used in them.

HB12: This has Nissan's E series engine 1.5L. The engine was discontinued in the mid 80s I think. 

FB12: After the E series engine was discontinued, the Sunny came with the newer GA series engine. The FB12 has the GA engine and is more desirable than the (older) E series engine.

CB12: Diesel variant  SB12 is the diesel variant

Edited by Davy
Correted incorrect model description
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Welcome to the forum "Priyantha". I thought the government gave you a L200 for use after you became a minister. :P 

As for your question, this has been discussed before. You should be able to find more information on the car if you search the forum. Simply put, the three variants are basically changes in the engine that was used in them.

HB12: This has Nissan's E series engine 1.5L. The engine was discontinued in the mid 80s I think. 

FB12: After the E series engine was discontinued, the Sunny came with the newer GA series engine. The FB12 has the GA engine and is more desirable than the (older) E series engine.

CB12: Diesel variant

Thank you for the informations Davy.

after killed my boss Jehan, i have lost everything and had to start from the begining. then planed to buy a trad sunny.:D

i have find a petrol trad sunny the number under 16 sri---- and it have chassis number CB12.

as i found earlier, SB12 is the diesel one. this confused me more and more.:o

Edited by Priyantha Mahaulpathagama

2 hours ago, Priyantha Mahaulpathagama said:

i have find a petrol trad sunny the number under 16 sri---- and it have chassis number CB12.

as i found earlier, SB12 is the diesel one. this confused me more and more.:o

You're right, I'm sorry. SB12 is the Diesel variant. I have edited my original post. I'm not sure what CB12 is. Maybe we can let another forum member answer.

A simple Wikipedia search doesn't list a variant called CB12. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Sunny#B12_(1985–1990)

Also, have a look at the thread below for more explanation about the different versions. You might be able to figure out the exact version based on the features described:

Edited by Davy
Added more content

7 minutes ago, Davy said:

You're right, I'm sorry. SB12 is the Diesel variant. I have edited my original post. I'm not sure what CB12 is. Maybe we can let another forum member answer.

A simple Wikipedia search doesn't list a variant called CB12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Sunny#B12_(1985–1990)

you are right. there is no any details about CB12 in the internet. im so upset nw because no one knows about Cb12 ????

Actually there was a CB12...I have only seen a LHD Middle Eastern Spec car. It had a VIN which had CB12xxxxxxxx...SO perhaps other export markets also got the variant ? As in most cases the "model code" part of the VIN number might not necessarily reflect the engine type the car has...but this one was a late model and had a 1400cc GA engine.

7 minutes ago, Priyantha Mahaulpathagama said:

you are right. there is no any details about CB12 in the internet. im so upset nw because no one knows about Cb12 ????

Well...here is the thing...in most countries you can't figure out the car based on the VIN...and CB12 was part of the VIN code...whilst the model was B12. Unlike the Japanese method of chassis codes where F/H-B12 would reflect engine type, capacity etc..VIN codes don't always work like that. In fact the "C" (or the place where the C is at) could be coded to represent anything from where the car was manufactured to the body style....

So searching for "Sunny CB12" is not going to get you anywhere.. Because Davy said there was no CB12 on the internet I did a quick google search and found two cars...one was a car being auctioned in the middle east and another that was part of an asset list of some company in Thailand. Also you get parts listing where it says the part is compatible with FB12, HB12, CB12,....

Edited by iRage

32 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well...here is the thing...in most countries you can't figure out the car based on the VIN...and CB12 was part of the VIN code...whilst the model was B12. Unlike the Japanese method of chassis codes where F/H-B12 would reflect engine type, capacity etc..VIN codes don't always work like that. In fact the "C" (or the place where the C is at) could be coded to represent anything from where the car was manufactured to the body style....

So searching for "Sunny CB12" is not going to get you anywhere.. Because Davy said there was no CB12 on the internet I did a quick google search and found two cars...one was a car being auctioned in the middle east and another that was part of an asset list of some company in Thailand. Also you get parts listing where it says the part is compatible with FB12, HB12, CB12,....

thank you for the details. specially about the VIN coe.

that mean, is  buying a CB12 trad sunny doesn't matter ? 

2 hours ago, Priyantha Mahaulpathagama said:

thank you for the details. specially about the VIN coe.

that mean, is  buying a CB12 trad sunny doesn't matter ? 

VIN = Vehicle Identification Number...it is just like the chassis code that you are used to. Does the car have a VIN number ? or a chassis number ?

As for what CB12 is....I am just sayin that there were export models where the VIN number said CB12xxxxxxxxxxx.

If you are buying one....as you would and should do with any car; get it properly checked out by a third party or the agents...see if any bad repairs, conversions, etc.. has been done. Don't forget this is a nearly 30 year old car so it won't be perfect. 

Edited by iRage