• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

GearBox Issue Nissan Cefiro A33 2000

BunnyBoy

Question

Hi Fellow members;

Im in need of great assistance. Ive been running an Nissan Cefiro A33 YOM 2000.
the vehicle has been well maintained but recently i have encounter a gear box issue

Scenario: When in the morning I start the vehicle and Change the Gear to 'D', the vehicle doesn't move and so Does 'R'.but after the engine is heated I change the gear to '2' and keep accelerating couple of time then this is a *DOKKK* sound from the gear box(Sounds like forced to be released) and then releases the gear at '2'. and while driving on '2' after reaching a speed limit of 60 KMPH and shift the stick to D the gear works perfectly(3rd gear shift). But if i stop and reverse it comes back to be forced to accelerate and then the DOKK sounds comes and vehicle moves.and over again i have to Shift to Gear 2 and do the same again.

Can someone advice me what is the issue and how this can be rectified.

only 110,000 KM DONE

Would be of great assistance.

3 answers to this question

On 4/10/2018 at 12:51 PM, BunnyBoy said:

Hi Fellow members;

Im in need of great assistance. Ive been running an Nissan Cefiro A33 YOM 2000.
the vehicle has been well maintained but recently i have encounter a gear box issue

Scenario: When in the morning I start the vehicle and Change the Gear to 'D', the vehicle doesn't move and so Does 'R'.but after the engine is heated I change the gear to '2' and keep accelerating couple of time then this is a *DOKKK* sound from the gear box(Sounds like forced to be released) and then releases the gear at '2'. and while driving on '2' after reaching a speed limit of 60 KMPH and shift the stick to D the gear works perfectly(3rd gear shift). But if i stop and reverse it comes back to be forced to accelerate and then the DOKK sounds comes and vehicle moves.and over again i have to Shift to Gear 2 and do the same again.

Can someone advice me what is the issue and how this can be rectified.

only 110,000 KM DONE

Would be of great assistance.