• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

BMW E38

Zerubbabel

Question

Hi, 

I'm thinking of buying a BMW E38 740i .

How should I plan my purchase ? - As in look up Vehicle History Records , Vehicle Condition etc .

Also, who would be the Mechanic to go to or should it be to the Agents ? How much money would it cost to maintain it each month on average ? Is the fuel consumption about 4km / Ltr in  Colombo ? My usage is 1500 Km's per month .

Please tell me / warn me / educate me about this car in a Sri Lankan context . Thank you :)

Edited by Zerubbabel
Left out something

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Zerubbabel said:

Hi, 

I'm thinking of buying a BMW E38 740i .

How should I plan my purchase ? - As in look up Vehicle History Records , Vehicle Condition etc .

Also, who would be the Mechanic to go to or should it be to the Agents ? How much money would it cost to maintain it each month on average ? Is the fuel consumption about 4km / Ltr in  Colombo ? My usage is 1500 Km's per month .

Please tell me / warn me / educate me about this car in a Sri Lankan context . Thank you :)

Welcome to AL.

1. GET THE MONEY READY. 

2.Get a car maintained at the agent.This is the best bet as you are less prone to end up with a car held together with chewing gum :)

3. If you are planning on getting a BMW with a 4000cc engine, Dont ask of the efficiency.! 

Good luck.

Edited by Twin Turbo

10 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Welcome to AL.

1. GET THE MONEY READY. 

2.Get a car maintained at the agent.This is the best bet as you are less prone to end up with a car held together with chewing gum :)

3. If you are planning on getting a BMW with a 4000cc engine, Dont ask of the efficiency.! 

Good luck.

Thank you :) ..