• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Grace

I have a Honda Grace 2015. Suddenly, I noticed an issue. When I try to move forward, after stopping it on a small hilly area, the car moves backwards. This happens till I get enough acceleration for pick up. So, now I have to hold the hand brake and accelerate so that it won't move backwards. This is very embarrassing. 

Is it time to change gear oil? It has run for 30000 km.

Your experience will be helpful.

• 2 months later...

Is it a new issue or haven't you driven hill until now? 

Every DCT has that issue more or less in steep hills. If it is more than its usual behavior, then I'm pretty sure something wrong in there. 

A tip, there is a brake hold function if you press the brake pedal all the way down and hold for a second or two, then it will activate, car will hold brake for 3, 4 seconds giving enough time for you to accelerate. Or you can quickly move the brake pedal to left foot and press accelerator from right foot. 

I frequently travel to NuwaraEliya, always use L gear position in steep hills. It avoids frequent gear changes and heating up the duel clutch. No hesitation and rolling back. Apply same in heavy traffic in the city too.

Edited by ThilakRK