• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota VITZ KSP-130(2017) User Manual and Service manual?

• 6 months later...

Simple thought on following owners manual maintenance schedule. Car manufacturer might indicate service is required by 8000 or (12000) km. But think their motive. Normally in other countries these cars are sold with warranty. It's logical to think that car manufacture  only want his car to perform without any issue during this warranty period. Also by giving more distance ( or time ) between service intervals he can market his vehicle as having low maintenance cost. After warranty it doesn't matter if car start to give problems. At that time you will be left with repair bills  and ready for next car. Therefore I think following car manufactures schedule should be done with wisely.   It's designed for car manufactures best interest.  Also listening service stations recommendation should be done wisely. They give advice for their best interest. They want us to come to their service station so often, so that they can give loads of problems ( which probably don't have in car) and take away our money. Just a simple thought.

Edited by virajn

55 minutes ago, virajn said:

Simple thought on following owners manual maintenance schedule. Car manufacturer might indicate service is required by 8000 or (12000) km. But think their motive. Normally in other countries these cars are sold with warranty. It's logical to think that car manufacture  only want his car to perform without any issue during this warranty period. Also by giving more distance ( or time ) between service intervals he can market his vehicle as having low maintenance cost. After warranty it doesn't matter if car start to give problems. At that time you will be left with repair bills  and ready for next car. Therefore I think following car manufactures schedule should be done with wisely.   It's designed for car manufactures best interest.  Also listening service stations recommendation should be done wisely. They give advice for their best interest. They want us to come to their service station so often, so that they can give loads of problems ( which probably don't have in car) and take away our money. Just a simple thought.

a little bit counter intuitive (and conspiracy theory-ish) don't you think ? During warranty period the cost of oils, etc...are to be paid by the owner anyway (in 99% of the time). If extended oil usage times causes issues to the car, don't you think the manufacturers would want to indicate lower service intervals ? That way the likely hood of them having to fix any "oil" related issues would be minimized, thus, saving them money on warranty replacement. Plus, if it such a conspiracy, by doing more oil changes during the warranty period they also make a lot of extra cash on oil and oil filters. Service intervals are set based on minimum standards required to provide functionality of the component in question. 

In Japan I have hardly heard any potential car buyer looking in to "servicing" cost and repair cost when buying a car. And of the multitude of times, the sales people have not even bothered to tell me these costs because no matter where you go the oil change intervals are more or less the same and the parts costs are not even considered (including hybrid battery cost). The main selling points are operational costs such as fuel and taxes. In fact when I asked for certain configurations of cars they have advised me to go to different models (because it is cheaper) or to do a comparison with a competing brand.  

Please do not judge all manufacturer's dealers based on your experience in Sri Lanka (and the tales pundit car sellers yarn) . I have used manufacturer dealers in quite a few countries...in  all of them they have never created or identified a whole host of problems and tried to palm off things I do not want. In fact they have turned me down on things that I wanted done. Last week in Japan I wanted the gearbox oil changed in my Corolla (out of warranty as it is 20 years old). They said it is not necessary due to the mileage and insisted I wait and managed to get a sample of oil to check for impurities etc...they showed it to me and said the oil change was not necessary. Then they lubed up the linkage, etc...and gave the car to me. No charge (in fact the time spent doing all that would have been more or less the same as doing what I asked them to do in the first place). Then a few months ago in Vietnam my Fortuner started giving electrical problems. Took it to the dealership....they spent an entire morning trying to figure out what was wrong...finally they found a relay with rusty terminals. They cleaned and put the old one back and i asked for a new one. They said no....they didn't even charge for labor ! Similar experiences with Nissan, Honda and Suzuki dealers. Also, to be honest, apart from a "hi-fi" mentality/attitude of some agents in SL, they don't try to always stick you with additional charged and repairs. Sure they might do a scan/inspection and tell you what needs to be fixed, so wy can't you view this as them actually trying to take care of your car and their brand. Because you are not willing to spend on it doesn't mean that the issues pointed are not there in the car.. What most people don't realize is for certain services and repairs, the manufacturer recommends a strict way of doing it. So as the agent they have to abide by these set ways of doing things (no short cuts, no patch up jobs as in "non-agent" shops).

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, iRage said:

a little bit counter intuitive (and conspiracy theory-ish) don't you think ? During warranty period the cost of oils, etc...are to be paid by the owner anyway (in 99% of the time). If extended oil usage times causes issues to the car, don't you think the manufacturers would want to indicate lower service intervals ? That way the likely hood of them having to fix any "oil" related issues would be minimized, thus, saving them money on warranty replacement. Plus, if it such a conspiracy, by doing more oil changes during the warranty period they also make a lot of extra cash on oil and oil filters. Service intervals are set based on minimum standards required to provide functionality of the component in question. 

In Japan I have hardly heard any potential car buyer looking in to "servicing" cost and repair cost when buying a car. And of the multitude of times, the sales people have not even bothered to tell me these costs because no matter where you go the oil change intervals are more or less the same and the parts costs are not even considered (including hybrid battery cost). The main selling points are operational costs such as fuel and taxes. In fact when I asked for certain configurations of cars they have advised me to go to different models (because it is cheaper) or to do a comparison with a competing brand.  

Please do not judge all manufacturer's dealers based on your experience in Sri Lanka (and the tales pundit car sellers yarn) . I have used manufacturer dealers in quite a few countries...in  all of them they have never created or identified a whole host of problems and tried to palm off things I do not want. In fact they have turned me down on things that I wanted done. Last week in Japan I wanted the gearbox oil changed in my Corolla (out of warranty as it is 20 years old). They said it is not necessary due to the mileage and insisted I wait and managed to get a sample of oil to check for impurities etc...they showed it to me and said the oil change was not necessary. Then they lubed up the linkage, etc...and gave the car to me. No charge (in fact the time spent doing all that would have been more or less the same as doing what I asked them to do in the first place). Then a few months ago in Vietnam my Fortuner started giving electrical problems. Took it to the dealership....they spent an entire morning trying to figure out what was wrong...finally they found a relay with rusty terminals. They cleaned and put the old one back and i asked for a new one. They said no....they didn't even charge for labor ! Similar experiences with Nissan, Honda and Suzuki dealers. Also, to be honest, apart from a "hi-fi" mentality/attitude of some agents in SL, they don't try to always stick you with additional charged and repairs. Sure they might do a scan/inspection and tell you what needs to be fixed, so wy can't you view this as them actually trying to take care of your car and their brand. Because you are not willing to spend on it doesn't mean that the issues pointed are not there in the car.. What most people don't realize is for certain services and repairs, the manufacturer recommends a strict way of doing it. So as the agent they have to abide by these set ways of doing things (no short cuts, no patch up jobs as in "non-agent" shops).

Thinking on your line of thought I would agree on most of the points. It makes sense that manufacture's requirement to keep their brand name. But normally I'm skeptical about today's marketing. Normally everything is designed to optimize profit. I think giving free maintenance also in some cases to keep you loyal to that brand ( so that you won't consider other options). Any way thanks for the ideas coz their are some which never occurred to me.

• Like 1

The thing is..yes...the manufacturers do want to make money...they are not doing this for "pinata" :D 

Yes..in almost all other countries they take care of their customer in order to lock them in. Hell I have even gotten baby sitting service whilst going on test drives. So its not like they charge you for everything and make it doom and gloom for their customers. To be honest, in SL, I can believe agents giving huge to-do-lists to the owners when they bring in their cars because I have seen quite a few cars where just by looking at it its obvious that substandard repairs had been done that will have serious issues in the future. So you also have to realize that by doing what you specifically mentioned also looses them money and eventually effects their market share and bottom line.

As for being skeptical...we live in a world where if a surgeon fixes something in side your body that he/she discovers whilst doing some other procedure, the surgeon gets accused of trying to make more money. I suppose that is the  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, virajn said:

hC21C48F8

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2018 at 8:36 PM, Optimus3000 said:

Thank you bro

This is not correct in the engine specs. Its four cylinder version goes to Aus market , labelled as 'Yaris". It comes with an engine of 1NZ-FE - 1.0 L Four cylinder. But what is actually sold in Sri Lanka comes with 3 pod 1.0L engine named as 1KR-FE.   May be different in the transmission system as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

https://www.alphasquadofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/wp-1632155368585.pdf

On 3/21/2020 at 12:52 AM, Palitha Perera said:

I am using a Toyota Vitz 2017 latest model. I want a owner user manual in English medium. Please help.

Thank you.

Palitha Perera

https://www.alphasquadofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/wp-1632155368585.pdf