• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best hatchback for below 1.8M

Iphone6

Question

9 answers to this question

On 4/7/2018 at 1:03 PM, Iphone6 said:

Hi Guys, 

Please help me finding the best hatchback for value 1.8 M below.

Attributes are looking at;

• Must be Auto 
  • Air Bags required 
  • Reliability (Lady will be using)
  • Bit of resell value 

Regards,

Reliability depends purely on the particular specimen you're buying so make sure you get the vehicle checked out.

Nissan March K11/K12 both come with airbags and auto - K12 might be out of your budget.

Mazda Demio circa 2000 - comes with A/T+airbags

Perodua Kelisa 2007+/ Viva elite 2008 (Viva Elite 2009 onwards is above 2 mil) : Auto but no airbags

First Gen Vitz (2001) : A/t not sure about airbags tho.

Toyota Starlet is one of the most overrated and overpriced cars in SL : you can get something from around 1997 for that budget 

There are  also Japanese Suzuki altos, Daihatsu Miras, Suzuki Kei etc but I doubt they have airbags.

Why particularly a hatch may i ask? Is it the whole sedans-are-not-for-ladies mentality?  

As long as it can only be a hatchback go for a march.

If you can reach a k12 it would be excellent. You can go for a 2003ish one.  Hacked the hell out of one for 11years carrying garbage cement bags. Etc but didnt give much trouble.

But when you go to the pump you may open the hood to check if the engine was a v6 :D:D

• Like 1

I used a Japanese Alto 2002 model for a period of one year. It was a pretty good car. Mind you this car had dual airbags but not ABS. Very easy to maneuver within Colombo due to the light steering. It did around 11 kmpl during heavy traffic. A Japanese alto is ideal for a lady if performance is not a concern. However, try to find a good sample with ABS if you are interested. Happy hunting! 

On 4/8/2018 at 4:33 PM, matroska said:

Why particularly a hatch may i ask? Is it the whole sedans-are-not-for-ladies mentality?  

Good question. Maybe when it's come a Sri lankan lady that's the passion to choose, specially with their first drive experience.. This also matter with their size of body i think.. short footers makes more confident on their ride.  

Thanks for your valid inputs. 

I'm  Using a 1st Gen Mazda Demio,

• Must be Auto  - my one is a Manual , but you can Buy a auto around 1.5Mil to 1.8Mil.
  • Air Bags required - Single and Dual Air Bag variants are available..
  • Reliability (Lady will be using) -  Very Reliable car -  my one is almost 20 Years OLD and I'm making 400-600KM trips occasionally with 5 Passengers.
  • Bit of resell value - this is not a Brand New purchases. so you can sell for the same money

• Must be Auto  - my one is a Manual , but you can Buy a auto around 1.5Mil to 1.8Mil.
  • Reliability (Lady will be using) -  Very Reliable car -  my one is almost 20 Years OLD and I'm making 400-600KM trips occasionally with 5 Passengers.
  • Bit of resell value - this is not a Brand New purchases. so you can sell for the same money

I have though about this vehicle and personally used for about a week.

As mention it was good in petrol too and i was in a love with this car, Comfortable, you feel the safety (vehicle is heavy) & good in fuel. Do you have any idea about spear-parts for this model? I am afraid due to  aging...

Regards 

On 4/17/2018 at 11:11 AM, Iphone6 said:

• Reliability (Lady will be using) -  Very Reliable car -  my one is almost 20 Years OLD and I'm making 400-600KM trips occasionally with 5 Passengers.

I have though about this vehicle and personally used for about a week.

As mention it was good in petrol too and i was in a love with this car, Comfortable, you feel the safety (vehicle is heavy) & good in fuel. Do you have any idea about spear-parts for this model? I am afraid due to  aging...

Regards 

you can find any recondition body part from Delkanda and they are not that expensive..'

Any other part if you can't find near by Shop, you can check with New RainB*w Motors Panchika waththa..

General parts like , Timing Belts and AC Filters are available in most of the places

Some Mazda parts are general for few models..