• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota vitz KSP 130 2015 service

Nirosh85

Question

Hi Experts,

Can you provide me some information that I should keep in mind doing first service of the car (Bought as unregistered toyota vitz KSP - 2015 - 26K done, now its 26.5K) as I dont have a good knowledge about cars and its services? Importer asked me to do a service after 500 km done.

Shall I go to TL for first service? or please let me know any other good places near Rajagiriya.

Pleasure to see any valuable information, I should be aware of as well as a new user

Edited by Nirosh85

3 answers to this question

First of all 90% of the vitz for sale have done around 60-70,000 km in reality. But they have all had the odometer tampered, haven't you noticed that every single one on sale is around 20k?
Did you scan the car before buying it? I'm guessing not, so first thing is to take it to Toyota Lanka and get the mileage checked, it should cost you about 8000 to do this.
Based on that you can decide on the services. If it has passed 40k replete CVT fluid immediately!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agree with you @The Stig. Recently one of my relative ordered a KSP 130, 2015 from a famous importer. After 2 months there was 5 Vitz reached from same shipment. All was 18-20k millage and seller said my relative was lucky as all in low millage in the shipment. :P (Anyhow they bought one of them)

I don`t think there is a way to find whether odometer tampered or not, via a scan. As those changes are not logging inside the ECU. Though its logged, they may clear logs too. Guess the physical inspection is one way to get any idea.

Agree with you [mention=46805]The Stig[/mention]. Recently one of my relative ordered a KSP 130, 2015 from a famous importer. After 2 months there was 5 Vitz reached from same shipment. All was 18-20k millage and seller said my relative was lucky as all in low millage in the shipment. [emoji14] (Anyhow they bought one of them)
I don`t think there is a way to find whether odometer tampered or not, via a scan. As those changes are not logging inside the ECU. Though its logged, they may clear logs too. Guess the physical inspection is one way to get any idea.
As far as i am aware TL is able to tell the mileage since they have a proprietary scanner and not the a generic one. Either way they should be able to tell if a gear oil change is due by inspecting. I recommend doing this to all so called "low mileage" cars since it's cheaper to replace cvt fluid than to replace a gearbox.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1