• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

meter dashboard notification

Nipunamsi

Question

6 answers to this question

I think this is the low engine coolant temperature warning indicator which comes when the ignition is switched on. I would worry if it was the high engine coolant temperature indicator. Hence no need to panic. This should eventually go off after the engine reaches the desired temperature 

Edited by K.o.N.o.S
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

I think this is the low engine coolant temperature warning indicator which comes when the ignition is switched on. I would worry if it was the high engine coolant temperature indicator. Hence no need to panic. This should eventually go off after the engine reaches the desired temperature 

Thank you very much. I thought the same thing but to be sure and get the expert help. 

Thank you sir ?

Edited by Nipunamsi

Uhhh.....are you sure this started recently ?

A lot of Toyota cars that do not have the engine temperature meter have two lights...when the engine temp is low it is typically blue whilst engine temp is low and goes off when it reaches normal temp. If the engine over heats then the light turns red. Basically you have C(old) engine indicator and a H(igh) engine indicator.

So it might be that as well....check your user manual. 

On 4/7/2018 at 9:54 AM, Nipunamsi said:

Hi guys, 

I'm having issue when my Toyota Passo start the attached picture meter dashboard notification shows for 5min. Do I need to worried about this notification. 

Thank you ? 

Screenshot_20180407-095056_Gallery.jpg

Hi @Nipunamsi,

Please check your coolant levels, if it's in correct level i think you don't need to worry. As far as im concerned blue or green light lit only when engine is cold and it should disappear after few mins starting the car (this is the exact behavior of my FITaria as well).

Cheers..

On 4/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, iRage said:

Uhhh.....are you sure this started recently ?

A lot of Toyota cars that do not have the engine temperature meter have two lights...when the engine temp is low it is typically blue whilst engine temp is low and goes off when it reaches normal temp. If the engine over heats then the light turns red. Basically you have C(old) engine indicator and a H(igh) engine indicator.

So it might be that as well....check your user manual

Here it is:

image.png.bf2cf26c2518a07e688d376d3687f841.png

In Sri Lankan climate conditions, we don't need to bother about the Low Water Temperature check light.

There is a thermostat valve at the water intake manifold stops coolant to the engine to prevent hyper cooling. This is necessary for the cars in temperate countries. It is immaterial to the cars in the tropical climate.

IMO, OP is overreacting to this. Because it is not a warning light, it is an indicator light.

image.png

This indicator actually does matter. It's there to let the driver know that the engine has not yet reached operating temperature, which means the engine oil (in some transmissions, transmission oil as well) has not reached the optimum operating viscosity. Therefore the car should not be pushed too hard (keep the RPMs low) until the light goes off. This is to ensure longevity of the engine.

• Like 3