• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

BMW i3 2015

dantoddd

Question

Hi guys,

There are a few BMW i3s for sale. prices start from around 3.8 million. Is it a good car for city driving, basically 30-40 km per day. Do you guys have any experience with this car and major issues etc. and what is the warranty of the battery. 

3 answers to this question

if you worry about issues so much :) go for a more reliable Toyota or something.. and i think i3s are so much expensive than that. if you can get a brand new i3 go for it :) but after 50k miles i wont trust it :)  

Not sure about technical issues. But the two rear tail lights are integrated into a single unit made of which looks like hi-strength glass. So if some tuktuk or a bike crashes into the back and make some small scratches,it will be damn expensive to replace.

In my view stay away from any electric car new or old.

The biggest cost of ownership of a car is the depreciation. (Allion, Corolla, Axio owners may not agree)

A three year old Leaf would have lost 600-800 k, in case of i3 it will be more i guess (not enough vehicles in the used market to correctly predict)

This works out to approximately Rs. 200K per year i don't believe the saving of fuel over electricity would compensate for that.

If you were to replace/ repair the battery it will be somewhere between Rs. 250k - 800K for the Leaf god only knows how much it will cost to replace a i3 battery.

• Like 1