• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 2006 vs Axio 2008 or Vitz 2015

Solookus

Question

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Solookus said:

Dear Members,

Need ur advise on buying one of these cars while the budget is 3.8 million.

Please advise.

Allion 2006

Axio 2008

Vitz 2015

Not a heavy user.

Worried abt the look and resale value.

Welcome to the forum.  if you can be more specific about your requirement it would be easier for the members to provide some input as you're comparing a 2 year old 1000 CC hatch with two econoboxes (that also belong to 2 different levels) from the last decade. 

Resale value is something we can't predict and looks are ...well it depends on your point of view.  

In the local market some models  have the misfortune of being prime contenders for the 'Buy--->Abuse--->Sell' lifecycle - Axios and allions are two such models so automatically your chances of finding a specimen in good condition are reduced. Having said that if you're travelling long distances etc you're not going to appreciate the vitz and its 1000 CC engine . 

I guess you're considering Toyota simply for the resale value right? 

Dear Matroska,

Thanks a lot for the helpful response and the welcome.

I am traveling SL for vacations and will be using the vehicle on those days to travel long distances.

On the other days my sister will be using the vehicle as a secondary vehicle for short distances (3KM).

Fuel is not much a concern, I will be changing the vehicle again after 3 years where i am concerned about the resale value.

Look and the comfort will be a requirement considering above necessities.

11 hours ago, Solookus said:

Dear Matroska,

Thanks a lot for the helpful response and the welcome.

I am traveling SL for vacations and will be using the vehicle on those days to travel long distances.

On the other days my sister will be using the vehicle as a secondary vehicle for short distances (3KM).

Fuel is not much a concern, I will be changing the vehicle again after 3 years where i am concerned about the resale value.

Look and the comfort will be a requirement considering above necessities.

ok so basically you will not be around to maintain the vehicle either right?  Well really no one can predict the vehicle market in 3 years time. Comfort-wise you'd better drop the vitz. 

The Allion ( at 3.8 Mil you get the first gen allion) will tick your boxes but practically  it is getting increasingly difficult to find Allions of this era in good condition. 

That leaves the Axio - which comes  with a CVT gearbox that has a tendency to give trouble down the line  -  However Why don't you consider a Corolla 141 (Non JDM version). most of them were bought on permit here and some are still maintained by the agents. It  is a bit more thirsty than its axio counterpart. It has a 1.6 L engine and a conventional gear-box.  For example this one in AL claims to be agent maintained http://www.autolanka.com/view/toyota/corolla/54248.html

Of course there are quite a few Non-Toyota options out there too : 

Nissan Bluebird Sylphy G 11 (2010)

Honda Civic FD1 (2008) 

Lancer EX(2008)

In my honest opinion, you don't need a car. Put that money in an FD or something.

Resale value doesn't mean that you can buy an old car for 3.8 million and sell it for 4.5 million. That doesn't happen. Irrespective of the crazy tax changes in this country, prices of old cars within that range did not appreciate by that much. An Axio that was selling for 3.5 million some years ago, can be sold for 3.8 million now. Considering the time-value of money, it is not a significant appreciation.

Invest the money somewhere else. Get a rental car whenever you come to Sri Lanka. Considering insurance, maintenance costs etc., you will save money that way. Ask your sister to take PickMe or Uber whenever she travels. Its cheaper. 

• Like 1