• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
isam

PCP Contracts? Has anyone got one?

Posted (edited)

Thanks for reading my post.

Lately I have heard of this new financing method (new for me, and for SL, since I have not heard of such offer In the past) called PCP (Personal Contract Plans). Apparently it is a sort of paying a down payment for a car, and then paying monthly rental. But the ownership will not transfer to you until you pay the balance amount at the end of your contract. The details are kind of sketchy, and I'm on the look out for more details. If you know or already got an agreement, or you have had one in the past can you share the pros and cons you see in getting into a PCP?

Edited by isam

I think it is just a operating lease where the lessee do the maintenance (Not sure but its called a Dry operating lease). Lease will be set for net of your down payment while there also will be a final ballooned residual installment. After paying that the vehicle will be transferred to you. This is normally used to circumvent the Loan to Value ratio set by Central bank of Sri Lanka.

Do not know about interest rates charged on such facilities and i presume it to be relatively high.