Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

monty

Agent support for Recon German Vehicles

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

Does the local agents for German brands like Audi and BMW provide repair/maintenance services for vehicles which are not bought brand new through them but personally imported reconditioned?

I'm considering to import one through an agent but first wanted to make sure that I can go to the agents in case any maintenance/repair work is required in the long run.

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They charge a registration charge which is pretty high. For BMW there is an alternate place set up by the former marketing director of Agents which also offer warranties as well located in Rajagiriya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, Quiet said:

They charge a registration charge which is pretty high. For BMW there is an alternate place set up by the former marketing director of Agents which also offer warranties as well located in Rajagiriya.

Really? Im not sure about BM's but LR/Jaguar agents do repairs regardless how you have imported it, they can also track your overseas maintenance via the vehicle code. I was assuming all agents were like that lolz.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Junkfriend said:

Really? Im not sure about BM's but LR/Jaguar agents do repairs regardless how you have imported it, they can also track your overseas maintenance via the vehicle code. I was assuming all agents were like that lolz.  

 You are right, JLR totally refuses to service any vehicle thats not sold by them. The German brands do so on registering with them after paying a hefty registration charge. 

But the biggest downside to unofficial imports is the lack of manufacturer warranty. Personally I could never live with a European car without warranty. Especially JLR cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zeristo said:

Personally I could never live with a European car without warranty. Especially JLR cars.

You can live with the engin and gearbox problems of the new Hondas and Xtrails without manufacturers warranty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zeristo said:

 You are right, JLR totally refuses to service any vehicle thats not sold by them. The German brands do so on registering with them after paying a hefty registration charge. 

But the biggest downside to unofficial imports is the lack of manufacturer warranty. Personally I could never live with a European car without warranty. Especially JLR cars.

I meant they don't I have no problem servicing / repairing LR's directly important I was never asked to register or anything like that but that being said im a long time customer and I not sure they have changed the rules recently.

btw their warranty don't cover things such as shocks which costs about over 1 mil to replace on high end LR's :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 1:05 AM, vag2 said:

You can live with the engin and gearbox problems of the new Hondas and Xtrails without manufacturers warranty?

Yes I could since I know whatever happens the repair bills aint gonna cost a Wagon R in terms of price. Plus, no of mechs to repair Japanese machines are far more than the european mechs. High supply = low pricing (labour). also low parts cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can buy a new Alto for the cost of a Xtrail gearbox,no mechanic in Sri Lanka can repair that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×