• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki SX-4/IST vs Mazda Demio

HI Guys,

I'm planing on upgrading My Mazda Demio(1st Gen) ..

below are the options I'm locking for , help me to chose the Best...

1. Mazda Demio 3rd Gen - 2007 - 2.5 Mil
  2. Ist 1st Gen -  2003/2004 -  2.5Mil
  3. SX-4 -  2007/2008 - 2.5Mil

I would go for the SX-4 purely because of its design (FYI, Suzuki SX4 was originally designed for Fiat by Giugiaro)

SX-4 would do least on fuel amongst the three but will be more powerful and spacious. Also its a pleasure to drive the SX-4. Just get behind the wheel and enjoy the 270-degree panoramic view.

Needless to say, Demio and the other one would do better on fuel but will be less spacious and less powerful. The other one with the stupid name looks to me like a smaller version of the Jayaratne's funeral car. But your taste might differ :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bimalnp4me said:

HI Guys,

I'm planing on upgrading My Mazda Demio(1st Gen) ..

below are the options I'm locking for , help me to chose the Best...

1. Mazda Demio 3rd Gen - 2007 - 2.5 Mil
  2. Ist 1st Gen -  2003/2004 -  2.5Mil
  3. SX-4 -  2007/2008 - 2.5Mil

SX4 is a better all-round vehicle.  It'll be a little thirstier than the other two but still I think it's a more 'wholesome' choice.  Specially if you're a family guy. The IST you're looking at is 15 years old and at this point  and is generally a bland vehicle. You'll be paying  2.5 Mill for a much older car just because of the Toyota badge. 

so in order

SX4 > Demio >IST

• Thanks 2

as usual we compare these cars because they fall into the same price range.

SX-4 is a "compact" (even can be considered as a compact cross), but others are "sub compact".

so don't try to compare, if you really want to compare them get  one factor at a time and compare it (ex: handling,fuel economy) . then consider what kind of weight you can give for those factors based on your requirement (ex: in your requirements handling might have very low weight , but fuel economy might have a higher weight )

So if some one came up with a conclusion like SX4>Demio>IST is not totally relevant for you.because they have applied their weight system which is totally different from yours. 

But you can this question is in  different way, please rank (or give points out of 10) for these 3 car models for following factors

1. Fuel economy

2. Handling

3. Power

4. Durability/trouble free/easy maintainability

5. Important/useful features

6. Ride quality and safety

..... and more.....

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I would go for the SX-4 purely because of its design (FYI, Suzuki SX4 was originally designed for Fiat by Giugiaro)

SX-4 would do least on fuel amongst the three but will be more powerful and spacious. Also its a pleasure to drive the SX-4. Just get behind the wheel and enjoy the 270-degree panoramic view.

Needless to say, Demio and the other one would do better on fuel but will be less spacious and less powerful. The other one with the stupid name looks to me like a smaller version of the Jayaratne's funeral car. But your taste might differ :)

Agree with Crosswind on this and if you could find the 4x4 model that would be a added bonus for better traction.