• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Real-life fuel economy of WagonR?

HelaS

56 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Maximum allowed speed within city limits is 50kmph innit? How come that feel  like a spirited drive, even in a WagonR :o 

When people say "if you want driving pleasure" when someone asks for a economical daily runner I think the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iRage said:

Not true...there are plenty of car enthusiasts who go for Aquas, and Wagon Rs..and other type of kei cars. Because true car enthusiasts would buy cars that serves a purpose the purpose (for example they might not see the practicality of driving around their loved classic or hyper car or tuned road car on a daily basis through traffic just to get from home to the office whilst getting stuck in traffic for 2 hours). Even in Japan....car enthusiasts have amazing cars but also have other types of cars to meet specific needs. 

Well said..

7 minutes ago, hrm said:

When people say "if you want driving pleasure" when someone asks for a economical daily runner I think the same.

I think the reason for that is the thought process of people replying those kind of posts goes like - "If I was in the OP's position what would I buy? Well-I'd buy this considering its very economical- but I should also mention its drawbacks too while I'm at it- so the #1 drawback - helluva boring to drive" :D

15 minutes ago, iRage said:

Not true...there are plenty of car enthusiasts who go for Aquas, and Wagon Rs..and other type of kei cars. Because true car enthusiasts would buy cars that serves a purpose the purpose (for example they might not see the practicality of driving around their loved classic or hyper car or tuned road car on a daily basis through traffic just to get from home to the office whilst getting stuck in traffic for 2 hours). Even in Japan....car enthusiasts have amazing cars but also have other types of cars to meet specific needs. 

Cannot agree more, i don't be believe in using a SUV / Premium Car burning fuel @ 5 kmpl in traffic which hardly exceed 10 kmph

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

Maximum allowed speed within city limits is 50kmph innit? How come that feel  like a spirited drive, even in a WagonR :o 

In the Wagon R 50 kmph feels like 100, besides it is quite peppy up to around 50 kmph

12 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

I think the reason for that is the thought process of people replying those kind of posts goes like - "If I was in the OP's position what would I buy? Well-I'd buy this considering its very economical- but I should also mention its drawbacks too while I'm at it- so the #1 drawback - helluva boring to drive" :D

There's a new Audi vs Allion thread. Let's see how it goes :D

4 hours ago, kush said:

In the Wagon R 50 kmph feels like 100, besides it is quite peppy up to around 50 kmph

This is why i love Perodua Kelisa ....it does have really nice pickup most of all it makes you feel like you're going at 100 km/h when you're doing 60. 

4 hours ago, hrm said:

This is true - most of the time average SL car buyers don't need all the bells and whistles to just lug around in traffic.  Ideally you have a nice gas guzzler for the weekend trip down south , a rugged old off roader to visit some obscure lake and a reliable bland bento-box for your daily drive to work - sadly in SL you can't afford 2 cars, and even if you could most of the time parking space is limited ( this is why when I badly wanted to buy the '72 datsun I coaxed my dad to buy it and keep it at his house since i had nor the money nor the parking space) so in SL a car is like a marriage - monogamous. If we were in some culture where you could have multiple wives folk would marry one for the looks, one for the cooking etc. in SL it's always 1-1 relationships. So you try to find the vehicle that gives you everything.  You have to compromise something for something.  

The Wagon R is not a bad car at all - it has a lot of little things that make your life easier. Very Practical for narrow congested roads. (once I had to crawl through a really narrow road during school time and I wished I was driving a wagonR) all in all the Kei's are suited for Sri Lanka's modest roads and tiny parking spaces. BUT the problem as always is with Sri Lankan drivers. People expect it to be a sports car and drive it like maniacs, they think it's a HiAce and load 10 people in it. They drive it for long distances like it was a touring car - and they think it's a Hilux and tug coconuts in it ( Yes - I know a lady who owns a small coconut estate and brings coconuts in a wagon R)  and whenever there's a vehicle in large numbers that means many SRI LANKANS drive it - which translates to many barbaric idiots drive it. 80% Sri Lankans are a##holes. So if there are 1000 Wagon R's and 1000 Vezels there are 800 WagonR assholes and 800 Vezel Pricks...if there are only 100 Mazda 6's that;s only 80 Mazda a-Holes. so we're bound to see many WagonR's going around like D**s. Hence the hatred. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry for digging Very Old post.

This is the actual average Tank to Tank fuel consumption you get out of a WagonR. Keep in mind this is Daily runner On Expressway both ways from JaEla to Dematagoda. 80% of the distance is has been on Express way and you will get an average of 17 km/l.

Further I do not drive above 80 on Expressway it scares me on this vehicle.  Do not believe the wonderful myths of 20+ km/l ?.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/suzuki/wagonr/2016/derekwick/787760

• Like 1