• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Real-life fuel economy of WagonR?

HelaS

WagonR drivers, can you please post what kind of fuel consumption are you seeing with your cars in city as well as highway (outstation) driving? Is the much-talked-about fuel economy of these cars for real or is it just hype?

Thanks for your information.

2 hours ago, Prangi said:

MH55 Model;

Flat roads very less traffic - 24km/l

Highways (90-100Km/h)  - 21km/l

City - 14-16km/l

This is reasonable. I’ve got 27km/l from Malabe to Matale via Kurunegala and 28 km/l from Matale, both trips on early morning.

8 hours ago, Prangi said:

MH55 Model;

Flat roads very less traffic - 24km/l

Highways (90-100Km/h)  - 21km/l

City - 14-16km/l

6 hours ago, maersk said:

This is reasonable. I’ve got 27km/l from Malabe to Matale via Kurunegala and 28 km/l from Matale, both trips on early morning.

So how did you guys actually measure the fuel consumption on a highway/malabe to matale stretch?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

So how did you guys actually measure the fuel consumption on a highway/malabe to matale stretch?

Only from the display indication, not bothered to go any further but from what is left on the tank after returning, I think it’s a fairly reasonable calculation.

Mine, a 2016 Stingray shows a long time average of 14.9 in city traffic. This includes some short trips with less traffic during weekends.

On southern highway I have obtained around 26. I normally drive at 80-90.

These are from the trip computer figures.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

God damn!
I think this WagonR are is a mysterious car. An engineering marvel!
From the replies of the car owners seems city fuel consumption varies from 12 kmpl to 19 kmpl
And outstation from 16 kmpl to 29.8 kmpl ? 

Hahahahahaha ජපනා did some මාවලස් engineering this time! ???

Edited by Jason_Bourne

5 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

God damn!
I think this WagonR are is a mysterious car. An engineering marvel!
From the replies of the car owners seems city fuel consumption varies from 12 kmpl to 19 kmpl
And outstation from 16 kmpl to 29.8 kmpl ? 

Hahahahahaha ජපනා did some මාවලස් engineering this time! ???

I agree with you if this was Japan. This vehicle may have high road safety rating. But referring to past accidents in SL, proved it wasn't the case. Lot of people died from wagonr accidents. 

Its not a matter of how careful you are, but to protect you and others with you from high speeding morons and boozed ups. 

Anyway its well refined in  terms of its fuel economy, but compromising the comfortability, specially the rear seat in long distance travelling.

15 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

I agree with you if this was Japan. This vehicle may have high road safety rating. But referring to past accidents in SL, proved it wasn't the case. Lot of people died from wagonr accidents. 

Its not a matter of how careful you are, but to protect you and others with you from high speeding morons and boozed ups. 

Anyway its well refined in  terms of its fuel economy, but compromising the comfortability, specially the rear seat in long distance travelling.

I actually drove one for sometime , it’s quite good for what it is, economical to buy, economical to run, very practical with lots of space for a small vehicle , very good rear seat adjustments, No rattles and the interior is well built for the price.  Engine is smooth and refined for a 3 cylinder. Like you said the letdown is comfort , you feel so tired and hacked after a long journey, takes a little bit of patience to overtake. For the city in this traffic and tight spaces it’s very hard to beat this thing ! I really don’t know why people mock this car, for the majority , this is what they can afford and imho it delivers quite well. 

15 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

I actually drove one for sometime , it’s quite good for what it is, economical to buy, economical to run, very practical with lots of space for a small vehicle , very good rear seat adjustments, No rattles and the interior is well built for the price.  Engine is smooth and refined for a 3 cylinder. Like you said the letdown is comfort , you feel so tired and hacked after a long journey, takes a little bit of patience to overtake. For the city in this traffic and tight spaces it’s very hard to beat this thing ! I really don’t know why people mock this car, for the majority , this is what they can afford and imho it delivers quite well. 

I suppose turbo versions are better in acceleration. not sure wagonR comes with that option. But spacia has it.

16 hours ago, TheFlyingFox said:

We have a Wagon R and a Picanto which are used as daily drives. Very practice in the City, enough room for the kids and their stuff. Comfort and safety does not apply to a certain extent as the commute is 15 km at a time in crawling traffic. Actually drive is less stress full as you're not worried about the little scrape or the ding from the odd tuk tuk or the bike.

Parking no problem as there is good turning circle and the overall length which is only few inches longer than a large SUV.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:36 PM, TheFlyingFox said:

i really don’t know why people mock this car, for the majority , this is what they can afford and imho it delivers quite well. 

I think people tend to mock the car because there are soo many of them on the road. When you close & open your eyes you see a wagon R on the road.In my opinion it’s a practical choice for an average person who just wants to own a vehicle for the family or to run a taxi business. A car enthusiast will never buy a wagon R. instead they will opt for something more fun

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

3 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

I think people tend to mock the car because there are soo many of them on the road. When you close & open your eyes you see a wagon R on the road.In my opinion it’s a practical choice for an average person who just wants to own a vehicle for the family or to run a taxi business. A car enthusiast will never buy a wagon R. instead they will opt for something more fun

No a car is being mocked when it’s popular , Vezels , premios, aquas, altos, 121s etc had the same thing going on when they were popular. There was a time when you close your eyes and opened you could see a Vezel or any one of those cars. The wagon r is a very practical car for it’s audience. Even enthusiastic people on cars , when they are on a budget they will buy a wagon r. Ego is what stops you :)

4 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

A car enthusiast will never buy a wagon R. instead they will opt for something more fun

Not entirely true it depends on the purpose. It is very practical city vehicle and makes a good 2nd car.

It is not a super mini but can be driven spiritedly at city speeds once you master the limitations.

Edited by kush

6 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Not true...there are plenty of car enthusiasts who go for Aquas, and Wagon Rs..and other type of kei cars. Because true car enthusiasts would buy cars that serves a purpose the purpose (for example they might not see the practicality of driving around their loved classic or hyper car or tuned road car on a daily basis through traffic just to get from home to the office whilst getting stuck in traffic for 2 hours). Even in Japan....car enthusiasts have amazing cars but also have other types of cars to meet specific needs. 

• Like 2